Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-07-2016, 10:40 AM   #11
ingodslove
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: minimal dipe stash ideas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fashionably Green Baby View Post
China cheapies. They completely tanked the market I really wish people would stop supporting them but I don't see that happening
Thanks for explaining it- I was wondering too.
It was quite slick for my last two babies but that was 5 & 7 years ago!
Ah, the Golden age of internet cloth diaper reselling...

Advertisement

Old 04-07-2016, 10:44 AM   #12
ingodslove
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melinda29 View Post
TBH, trying to sell your diapers is going to be tough. What exactly do you have? The way the market is anymore, I'd be very tempted to just keep what you have or pare down to the minimum (we can help with that if you post your numbers, styles, and sizes) and get rid of the excess without buying anything new. Because otherwise, I'm afraid you'll have all your existing diapers PLUS all your new ones all over over your small house.
There's a ton of prefolds- like waay too many. I have a guest over today and tomorrow is OB and kids' checkups in town but Sat. I should have time to inventory everything well. What would be a reasonable prefold/cover stash to get me to toddlerhood?
Old 04-07-2016, 12:54 PM   #13
Melinda29
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ingodslove View Post
There's a ton of prefolds- like waay too many. I have a guest over today and tomorrow is OB and kids' checkups in town but Sat. I should have time to inventory everything well. What would be a reasonable prefold/cover stash to get me to toddlerhood?
IMO, and I've done that route several times, and I'm pretty minimalistic, I like having 36 prefolds and 12 covers for the xsmall stage (7-14ish pounds), 30 prefolds and 10 covers for small (15-23 pounds), and 24 prefolds and 8 covers for medium (24-32 pounds). I'm minimalist with washing as well, so I wash only when the pail is FULL, which means twice a week. So that's where my numbers come from.

Also, I use OS covers from birth, so actually we have 12 covers at every age. And I trifold my prefolds, not pin or snappi, which is why I have such a high prefold to cover ratio.
Melinda29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 01:21 PM   #14
ingodslove
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melinda29 View Post
IMO, and I've done that route several times, and I'm pretty minimalistic, I like having 36 prefolds and 12 covers for the xsmall stage (7-14ish pounds), 30 prefolds and 10 covers for small (15-23 pounds), and 24 prefolds and 8 covers for medium (24-32 pounds). I'm minimalist with washing as well, so I wash only when the pail is FULL, which means twice a week. So that's where my numbers come from.

Also, I use OS covers from birth, so actually we have 12 covers at every age. And I trifold my prefolds, not pin or snappi, which is why I have such a high prefold to cover ratio.
Do you use thirsties adjustable covers or a different brand?
I was wondering if I could get away with trifolding etc. past 6 mo when baby is more active. By then I had already switched to pockets or fitteds because I worried about containment issues

My last baby was in GMD browns at 3 mo. or so! ha! maybe I should just learn flats!
Old 01-21-2017, 04:55 PM   #15
Emilypowers2
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fashionably Green Baby View Post
China cheapies. They completely tanked the market I really wish people would stop supporting them but I don't see that happening
I've been wondering this as well. I'm trying to pare my stash down but it has been hard!
Emilypowers2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 09:02 PM   #16
ingodslove
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

update:
DD is 6 mo. now and she grew very, very large in the thigh area fairly quickly.
I just ended up using 20 or so obg elementals with sposies at night and travel.
I accidentally ended up with a naturally dyed red t-shirt in my diaper pail so the insides of the bg's ended up pink!

I wish the prices were better for those dipes because they are wonderful and I wish they were more widely available.

I feel a little silly I didn't just go with the prefolds and covers. She started to figure out how to pull off the velcro tabs on her own! AND, honestly, I'm so busy and having to think about so many things, I am really valuing the ease of the way I ended up going. Now, if she outgrows these...I'm going to be really scrambling to find something.
Old 01-21-2017, 09:20 PM   #17
DreamInGreen
Registered Users
seller

So happy you updated!