Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-14-2016, 09:29 PM   #11
bbammu
Registered Users
seller

Re: Anyone else have tiny house fantasies?

I'd love a tiny house!! I'm wondering how small I can go with myself and 2 (possibly a third) kids...

Advertisement

bbammu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 10:31 AM   #12
SharedTheJourney
Registered Users

My Mood:

No. Interested in how space saavy the owners/dwellers are or become for small house living.
SharedTheJourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 12:39 PM   #13
I_am_Blessed
Registered Users
Formerly: Beth's_Mommy
seller
seller

I used to dream of having a tiny house, but now I think I'd be happiest with a very small house. Over the last 10 years, DH and I moved from a 2-bedroom town home to a 2 bedroom small house (my favorite) to 3 different 3-bedroom homes. Our last home was over 2200 sq. ft. and I disliked so much about it. We are now in a home that is roughly 1200 sq ft, and I am much happier with it for our young family of 6. DH talk often about finding a plot of land and building our dream small home which we expect to be about 700 sq ft. We have drawn out plans time and time again and that seems to be our magic number in terms of living space.

Mama to 3, soon-to-be-4

I_am_Blessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 02:03 AM   #14
Queen_Celeste
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We lived in a 950 sq ft 3 br for 8 years. It was spacious with just 2, but add two kids and one with special needs = lots of stuff just to do with the special needs and not really usable by anyone else, but taking valuable space. Since that child will probably never live on his own, I don't expect to live in anything tiny. Current house is far larger than we need, but has the benefit of being able to have some extended family living with us if necessary (without giving them a special granny pod).

That being said, if I were going to try and tiny house it up for some reason, I would get a tiny house as a guest house for visitors. Probably due to city codes, it would have to be called a shop or dorm or something. Oh city code.

Last edited by Queen_Celeste; 03-16-2016 at 02:06 AM.
Queen_Celeste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 09:33 PM   #15
ashbartlett
Registered Users
seller

They are SO cute but honestly they would need to be in an area with great weather, mountains or beach possibly. I don't know about kids... I feel like when they are older. I am more interested in a modest house in a small community, sounds a lot like the tiny house community! I am just over big city life so anything smaller seems more quaint!
ashbartlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 04:50 PM   #16
Emilypowers2
Registered Users

I think so much of it depends where you are, as well. If you're in a location where you can be outside most of the time, then that is different than if it is your main place to be.
Emilypowers2 is offline   Reply With Quote