Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-12-2016, 09:49 AM   #1
Fashionably Green Baby
Registered Users
Formerly: artistmom
seller

My Mood:
Minimalist Chat ~Spring~

Here is a new chat thread for spring.

And some inspiration

Advertisement

Old 04-12-2016, 09:50 AM   #2
Fashionably Green Baby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Ok, so it's spring and I need to get back at it. Spring cleaning needs done and seems like the perfect time to try and finish up my konmari list.

Tagging clothes for consignment sale right now.
Old 04-12-2016, 10:02 AM   #3
moonlightblonde
Registered Users
seller

Re: Minimalist Chat ~Spring~

So we bought a house.

That was an accident. So I'm obviously excited to go through all of our possessions in the next 6 weeks.

Husband also crashed our car. Okay barely a crash. 6 cars slid into each other on their way home from work. Our car is hurt from all angles. We may need a new one. I'm trying to convince husband to go super minimalist and us give up the car for a few months until things settle in the new house.

My idea is not going over well.
Old 04-12-2016, 10:04 AM   #4
Fashionably Green Baby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Congrats on the house!

Sorry about the car.

Packing is the absolute best time to purge
Old 04-12-2016, 03:56 PM   #5
katiegud
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I need to join you all for some minimalist inspiration! We are moving too, so I've started going through everything and trying to minimize. We will be living with my parents while we look for a house, which means I need to reduce 'stuff' as much as possible.

Sorry about the car situation. We haven't had a car for about a year and a half and it is hard, but you adjust. Now we'll be living in a car dependent area and will have to buy one. I'm dreading it. Cars have so many ongoing expenses associated with them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonlightblonde View Post
So we bought a house.

That was an accident. So I'm obviously excited to go through all of our possessions in the next 6 weeks.

Husband also crashed our car. Okay barely a crash. 6 cars slid into each other on their way home from work. Our car is hurt from all angles. We may need a new one. I'm trying to convince husband to go super minimalist and us give up the car for a few months until things settle in the new house.

Old 04-12-2016, 04:04 PM   #6
qsefthuko
Registered Users
seller
seller

I've lost a lot of weight(48lbs). As a result I am now getting rid of all my don't fit me clothes. After which I will be down to 1 pair of pants, 1 pair of shorts, 3 dresses/skirts and about 6 tops. Definitely smaller wardrobe. I am also going to downsize my cookbooks. I think about 15-20 of them. Also getting rid of a couple pairs of shoes.
qsefthuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 04:06 PM   #7
qsefthuko
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonlightblonde View Post
So we bought a house.

Wow! Glad it looks like nobody was hurt.

Congrats on the house. That is exciting!
Old 04-12-2016, 04:14 PM   #8
moonlightblonde
Registered Users
seller

Unfortunately dh is pretty correct in that we need a vehicle. I'll hold off as long as we can.

Nearest city is two hours away. Nearest walmart 45 minutes. Appointments are all 25/45/2 hours away depending what they are. Work is 20 minutes away for dh. No transit and it's winter basically 8 months of the year which sucks to do groceries on foot.

All of our family are 8.5-10 hours away so we can't just borrow a vehicle as needed. Everything is highway so we need reliable - getting stuck on an icy highway with three kids sounds awful. Ugh. I don't want a car.

Last edited by moonlightblonde; 04-12-2016 at 04:17 PM.
moonlightblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 04:19 PM   #9
qsefthuko
Registered Users
seller
seller

Yeah, in those circumstances a second car isn't a luxury, rather it is a necessity.
Old 04-12-2016, 05:30 PM   #10
mamaberkhie
Registered Users
Formerly: 3L*****B*****s
seller
seller

I agree that packing for a move is an excellent time to purge unnecessary clutter!

I've been trying so hard to stay on top of things. I'm about a month from my due date so the baby stuff has been coming into our home pretty steadily the past few weeks. I'm trying to keep that as minimal as possible and at the same time this has motivated me to organize and stay on top of everything else.