Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-27-2016, 01:38 PM   #21
Fashionably Green Baby
Registered Users
Formerly: artistmom
seller

My Mood:
I am back to making some good progress. I'm hoping to keep chugging along.

How is everyone else doing?

Advertisement

Old 04-27-2016, 04:05 PM   #22
green_momma2007
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Minimalist Chat ~Spring~

I've been doing better the last few days. I try to do a 10 minute pick me up in the afternoon and then one before going to bed and that seems to help keep things from getting too crazy.
Old 04-27-2016, 04:34 PM   #23
Fashionably Green Baby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I sold a good bit of stuff at the consignment sale and I'm going to participate in a large yard sale so hopefully I can unload the rest. I have 6 tubs of kid stuff to sell. Adding more each day so I may have 8+ by the sale.

I haven't been following my list this week, just purging while cleaning. Not as effective but still progress. The cleaning needed done so it made sense to purge at that time.
Old 04-28-2016, 08:29 AM   #24
Fashionably Green Baby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
It's a rainy day today which means we won't be spending much time outside. That makes for a perfect day to focus on purging/cleaning.

I don't have a game plan together just yet but I'm going to look at what's left on my konmari checklist.
Old 04-28-2016, 12:07 PM   #25
mamaberkhie
Registered Users
Formerly: 3L*****B*****s
seller
seller

Rainy day here too. I am exhausted so I've been doing this and that when I have the energy, but I really need to tackle this place. I want it clean, organized and uncluttered when the baby gets here.
Old 05-03-2016, 10:04 AM   #26
ClothDiaperFashionista
Registered Users
Formerly: azzmeg
seller

My Mood:

I cleaned out my two large, overflowing sock and underwear drawers yesterday. I found so many strange things in there. Over 13 dollars in change for instance. Or on the very bottom a photo album. I filled up half a trash bag with old underwear, mismatched socks and random other trash. Now I have one drawer with a stack of undies and a few stacked bras. The other drawer has a container for socks, a couple new pairs of tights in package for next winter, and a couple bathing suits. Looks so good! Now to attack my closet!
ClothDiaperFashionista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 10:43 AM   #27
Fashionably Green Baby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I'm still chugging along (this seems to be a theme) but nothing major. I'm collecting stuff to put in a yard sale this summer. I have a few bags for goodwill. I have also trashed several things.
Old 05-03-2016, 10:46 AM   #28
qsefthuko
Registered Users
seller
seller

Really need to minimize now. My Grandmother passed. Inherited a lot of her things. Hardest part is letting go because in the back of my mine I keep thinking these are Grandma's things she is going to need or want them. So letting them go hasn't been easy.

So I have downsized a few things. I did downsize a baking pan yesterday. Dropped it on our floor. It shattered into a million pieces.

Really though, I have downsized my son's toys. Took out an entire trash bag full and organized the rest. Got rid of some outgrown winter clothes. Took some kitchen things to my neighbor. Need to arrange to have our old bed hauled away as we got a king size bed now. Currently the old mattress is in our living room, not at all ideal. Need to get rid of the sheets that went with the old bed as well.

Recently realized we have 4 coffee makers. Yes, we are serious coffee drinkers. We have the standard size. A two cup size, and a 1 cup keurig size. Plus a stove top percolator. The reasoning behind the last one is we can still have coffee when the electric goes out. Did I mention we like our coffee? Going to talk to my husband about downsizing one machine. Probably the 2 cup one. Can't get rid of the percolator. Currently using the Keurig and the standard size is our we have people over and need a pot not a single cup size. Yes, I know, we have issues.

Last edited by qsefthuko; 05-03-2016 at 10:48 AM.
qsefthuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 10:56 AM   #29
Agla
Super Admin We can do it!
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

We had a hard time letting go of the coffee machines. Finally downsized to the Keurig and a small percolator.

It's raining but the boy's have a playmate over so I can't purge. I do have a large tote ready for the consignment shop.

I keep finding things to put in the tote so that's a good sign.

I'd like to minimize what's in my closet again.
Old 05-03-2016, 11:12 AM   #30
Fashionably Green Baby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I am a coffee fiend. But I only have one machine