Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-19-2016, 09:33 AM   #1
TypeAMom
Registered Users
Formerly: Di**ae
seller

My Mood:
Need to Get Back into Purging

So I was at a really good place, then "life happened."
1) My grandmother got dementia and moved cross country to live near us. My dad is chiefly responsible for her, but I have a lot more on my shoulders now and must see her once or twice a week. She also downsized and gave me a set of nice pots and pans...with gigunda handles on the lids so the lids are a PITA to store.
2) We started homeschooling and even though I was ruthless with books before, I've become too lenient.
3) I am overwhelmed now. I work part time and there's never enough time to raise my child, homeschool, work, care for my grandmother and drive, drive, drive. We are ridiculously far from stuff and it's such a time suck.
4) I feel kinda trapped. We live in the middle of nowhere and we bought when house prices were high, but they're still high and we can't sell and relocate to a more convenient location as prices will be higher there and we owe a ton on our mortgage. Putting my daughter in public school would cut the driving time to activities and give me more time to work without spending $ on daycare, but homeschooling is one of the most important things to me and other than the free daycare I'm losing, it's working well for us.
5) My linen closet is crazy now, but I fear getting rid of things that we can use later. Our cat has terrible litter box habits so I'm considering taking the crappy extra stuff out of the linen closet and using it as rags for cleaning up the cat potty area. It's not a matter of clean litter boxes or illness, just a cat that's not good at being a cat but we love him to pieces.

Any ideas on how I can get back on track?

Advertisement

Slave to my
TypeAMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 08:23 PM   #2
ashbartlett
Registered Users
seller

Re: Need to Get Back into Purging

I would start with what is easiest... move the cat somewhere that stresses you less. And maybe plan for many weeks for the homeschooling, just plan a whole for a whole month at a time and then that'll ease the burden. What did you end up doing?
ashbartlett is offline   Reply With Quote