Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-01-2017, 01:58 PM   #11
bbammu
Registered Users
seller

Re: Minimalist Wardrobe

Love this topic

I'm trying for a minimalist wardrobe. I felt so much better after getting rid of all the clothes I hadn't worn in years. Decluttering also reminded me how much money was spent before!

I've been nursing for the past 5 years and my nursing tops are getting worn out, but they're not that flattering so have been trying to figure out a better solution. I still have a 2 year old that likes to nurse when out and about.

I still haven't gotten the wardrobe down, but gravitating towards jeans/skirts and fitted t-shirts. I figure this is 'presentable' enough...

I've found I could get by with a few pairs of jeans and skirts, and any more than that ends up just sitting there since I clearly have favorites and always wear those.

I discovered I enjoy thrift stores so have been buying used. I've been trying to avoid stores and malls unless necessary.

I share a closet with my two daughters so hoping to keep our wardrobes contained in there. Right now they have way more clothes than I do from well-meaning grandparents, aunties, and hand-me-downs.

Advertisement

bbammu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 09:24 PM   #12
katemay
Registered Users
seller

I love the idea of the capsule wardrobe - but mainly because I would love shopping for a new wardrobe. So for me, it is really trying to avoid buying things unless I really love them. Like someone else said, I have a problem with buying off the clearance rack or the consignment store and then I don't even really use what I buy. Instead, I'm trying to buy better quality items, less of them, and keep away from comparing fashion.
katemay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 03:49 AM   #13
Agla
Super Admin We can do it!
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by katemay View Post
I love the idea of the capsule wardrobe - but mainly because I would love shopping for a new wardrobe. So for me, it is really trying to avoid buying things unless I really love them. Like someone else said, I have a problem with buying off the clearance rack or the consignment store and then I don't even really use what I buy. Instead, I'm trying to buy better quality items, less of them, and keep away from comparing fashion.
This is where I am at the moment. Went to a workshop and a stylist showed us her travel wardrobe which was only a few pieces that could be configured into 30 outfits. It was fun to watch.

She also gave us a couple off rules for when we go shopping. It's been useful and has made me really careful about what comes home.
Old 03-07-2017, 01:32 PM   #14
twood80
Registered Users
seller
seller

Would you share the rules?
twood80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 03:25 PM   #15
Agla
Super Admin We can do it!
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by twood80 View Post
Would you share the rules?
Just started a new thread in minimalist families.