Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-14-2011, 01:40 PM   #1
kutie.pie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Has anyone tried Lily Padz?

I'm getting ready to have #2 and I wanted to know if anyone on here has tried the lily padz and liked them? I haven't been very sure about them, and it would be great to get some advice.

I have a few questions about them: do they stop up your milk when you're ready to nurse? Could they cause infection from not letting the milk come out? Could they cause your milk to go down, because they don't let the milk flow out?

Anything other information from personal use about them would be great, thanks!

Advertisement

Old 01-14-2011, 01:41 PM   #2
stevensmom
Administrator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Has anyone tried Lily Padz?

I used Lily Padz with my son...used them for a wedding I was in...NO they did not keep me from letting down...in fact I leaked all over my dress

I used them from then on for just swimming. Why I don't know!
BabyBoyBlueBoutique
stevensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 05:06 PM   #3
rosefall
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I prefer wool, but have a friend that loved them and used them almost exclusively.
Old 01-20-2011, 09:39 PM   #4
luvinmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I tried them. They work pretty well if you put them on correctly and are also relatively comfortable. However they are not designed for heavy leaking. If I had to miss a feeding I leaked, but for in between feeding leaks. ( a little here and there) they work well. I basicly just use them when I want to wear a strapless shirt or dress. I never had any issues with them as far as my supply or stopping up milk
luvinmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 10:06 PM   #5
Chanda
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

They never worked for me, but I had major oversupply and my letdown could practically shoot them off! The first time I tried them I ended up with a soaking wet shirt while out to lunch with friends. Talk about embarassing!
I tried wool pads and they didn't work for me either. I really wanted to use reusable pads but the only pads that worked for me were the Lansinoh disposable pads, but I'm probably not the norm.
Old 01-20-2011, 10:16 PM   #6
doubleddog
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My sister swears by them. She refuses to wear regular nursing pads but adores her lily padz. I used medela soft shells (here's a link: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS.../chrisficti-20 which I would imagine would be similar and I liked them quite a bit. I did have a few times when they overflowed, but generally they worked well and kept me from getting too engorged. This time around I really want to try milkies milk savers (again, here's a link: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS.../chrisficti-20 They look like the same concept, but are actually made to collect milk between feedings (I actually used the medela shells to collect milk, even though the package says that is not their purpose, but it would be nice to have something designed for collecting milk.)
Babywearing, CDing SAHM. I love my DH and my 4 sweet girls, looking forward to meeting team green baby #5 January 2017.
doubleddog is offline   Reply With Quote