Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-04-2010, 07:43 AM   #31
bethsflutterby
Just a sinner saved by grace.
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Re: Basically it's Motivated Monday!!!

Great pics, Tania!

NICE woolies, Becca!

Advertisement

David(11)Lolly(9)Maddy(7 on 8/25!)Yuyi(5.6) & Ana(4)

bethsflutterby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 07:44 AM   #32
bethsflutterby
Just a sinner saved by grace.
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

holy crud. when did I hit 15,000 posts???
David(11)Lolly(9)Maddy(7 on 8/25!)Yuyi(5.6) & Ana(4)

bethsflutterby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 07:44 AM   #33
TJR2119
Registered Users

My Mood:

Thanks!

Becca those look fantastic! I am working on a Hudson hat and I am hoping to be brave enough to try longies next. is that your first knitting project ever?
Old 10-04-2010, 07:47 AM   #34
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Morning all

Great pics Tania

The sounds like a good weekend Cheryl

Janine hope you get through the homework

Becca pretty knitting.

Kids love those dino books here at school too.

Busy busy weekend. Now I am back at school for three days then I leave on Thursday for my short trip. Out Thursday, back Monday!

Before work I
loaded and unloaded the dishwasher
folded the diapers, got a load in the dryer and a load in the washer
got MH breakfast, me breakfast
dressed MH and me
got dinner organized
packed my gym back . MH's diaper bag
and all three of us lunch!

That was a productive morning!
jwjbbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 07:47 AM   #35
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

dp

Last edited by jwjbbrown; 10-04-2010 at 08:06 AM.
jwjbbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 07:51 AM   #36
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
Formerly: whitehologram
seller

My Mood:

Love the pics Tania.

Oma and Opa are out so no nap...my own fault really so I just have to suck it up.

Shannon is done with her homework

Shannon brought home a note from school last week asking for the book money. I wrote back saying Shannon had taken the money in the previous week and given it to the wrong teacher. She writes back today say that teacher said Shannon didn't give him any money.....then she says she hopes the money cane be found in the school bag.

This is why I got cross in the first year about kids taking money into school. We had no change so I had to give her 20€. I put it in an envelope with her name on it but come on....who is going to hand in 20€ when they find it. I said back then that this would happen and it has. Now we're are out the 20€ and have to pay the books which is 15,32€

Heiner wrote a note saying that he will pay at parents evening and he plans on bringing it up at the parents evening. Kids shouldn't be responsible for paying the school bills.

Last edited by ~whitehologram~; 10-04-2010 at 07:58 AM.
~whitehologram~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 07:58 AM   #37
mamaBex
Registered Users

My Mood:

Sorry about the books Janine

Thanks for the compliments guys! I am just very, very slow, but it seems to be going ok otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJR2119 View Post
Thanks!

Becca those look fantastic! I am working on a Hudson hat and I am hoping to be brave enough to try longies next. is that your first knitting project ever?
pretty much -I've knit wash cloths and scarves before, and that's about it. I just used knittinghelp.com (as suggested on here ) for all the stuff I'd never done before.

ETA: off to the library -bbl!
Old 10-04-2010, 08:01 AM   #38
niftysmith
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm at work. It's beautiful outside, but I'd rather be back in bed. I'm such a whiner. The baby was sooooooo snuggly today. He's gotten really cuddly lately and it breaks my heart to be away. I love it.

The pics are cute!

Yay for dinosaurs.

Oh, wow. No, kids probably shouldn't be wandering around with that much money in their backpacks. All it takes is a few minutes to lose it. Sorry, Janine.

letterpress printer + graphic designer open for business - my portfolio
niftysmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 08:04 AM   #39
lemurmommies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitehologram1 View Post
Cant wait to see your new hair do....although I really like the length of it now. What colour are you going for?

Would E be interested in story time? Are the stories interesting to him or would he rather just read his own book? I was wondering if now that he can read does he still want you to read to him?
I am leaving my hair the same basic length, just going for a trim. But I am going to have it dyed a bit darker brown, maybe with a reddish undertone.

Yes, E still does love being read to. He's sit all day and listen to stories, honestly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylchoo View Post
Trying to figure out when to do the girls bday party. G's bday is 11/11, R's is 12/22. We tried a party on Friday in December for R last year, poor turnout. So I'm thinking any December weekend is bad. But November is not much better. Do you think if we had it the weekend before Thanksgiving it would be a problem? I would normally do it the weekend of 11/15...but that is the only three day weekend DH gets all month and I really want to use it to go visit my BFF.
Cheryl, I think that the mistake may have been the Friday, and not the fact that it was in December. I'd maybe try the first Saturday in December - I think that's when we're aiming to have E's party! If you don't want to have it that late, I don't see why there would be a problem with the weekend before Thanksgiving.

Love the longies Rebecca! They're looking great!

Glad that Shannon did her homework in a timely manner, but sorry about the money thing Janine. It feels like I am often sending small amount of money with E, but his class has a folder system so I just put it in the folder and the teacher deals with it all.
lemurmommies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 08:08 AM   #40
lemurmommies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I can't really believe that it's Monday again. And it's October. When did that happen?? Yikes! E is Irish dancing tonight, so Ru will take the bus to work later. It's a lovely day out there today, if cool.

Ru's off at the Post Office at the moment, I'm having breakfast, and E is colouring. I need to go write a cheque to E's school and fill out the form for the days that we want him to participate in pizza day. It just so happens that one of the days falls on his birthday, so we're definitely doing that one. We'll do one other as well, out of 4. It's a pretty good deal, but he doesn't need to be eating pizza for lunch too often.

I need to think about packing for leaving on Friday. Yikes. We're going t try to be on the road no later than 6am, so everything needs to be ready to go on Thursday night so we can quickly throw it all in the car.
lemurmommies is offline   Reply With Quote