Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-04-2010, 08:12 AM   #41
niftysmith
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Basically it's Motivated Monday!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemurmommies View Post
I can't really believe that it's Monday again. And it's October. When did that happen?? Yikes!

Advertisement

letterpress printer + graphic designer open for business - my portfolio
niftysmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 08:15 AM   #42
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Janine, here in the US they pretty much don't let you pay cash for stuff at school. They make you send checks or money orders. You can only pay cash for lunch (and most kids use the debit system, which you pay online and you can see what your kid buys), and maybe for school events/small fundraisers. Not for big fundraisers, or stuff you need to buy for school. Can you do checks for the school?

Mel, maybe you are right. There are a lot more people here that do not celebrate Christmas, so maybe there is not the plethora of holiday parties to compete with. But a lot of people do Saturday church here, which makes Saturday parties more challenging. Maybe a Sunday afternoon party? IDK. What I need to do is host the "big playdate" I keep saying I'm going to do in October, where we invite everyone in both classes and see how many actually show up.
Old 10-04-2010, 08:18 AM   #43
AdeliaGreen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I feel

'All Bugged Out' stuffed bug pattern! Now available to purchase at You Can Make This!
AdeliaGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 08:19 AM   #44
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
Formerly: whitehologram
seller

My Mood:

No one uses checks here so that's not an option

Off to make dinner for the kids.
Old 10-04-2010, 08:27 AM   #45
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Janine, if no one uses checks, how do you pay your bills? Here we mail in checks or pay online. There are a few places where you can stand in line and pay cash to pay some bills, but they are getting much harder to find, and some bill you can't pay that way at all.

If I were Heiner, I'd say if they want to use a cash system to pay for school necessities (not to be confused with fundraisers and stuff that is not critical), they need to designate a place where an adult can go pay another adult and get a receipt, like in the school office or whatever. You can't really send a young kid to school with cash anymore, they have no concept of what it is - they don't go to the store and spend 5 cents on candy or whatever all the time like we did when we were kids.
Old 10-04-2010, 08:29 AM   #46
lemurmommies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylchoo View Post
Mel, maybe you are right. There are a lot more people here that do not celebrate Christmas, so maybe there is not the plethora of holiday parties to compete with. But a lot of people do Saturday church here, which makes Saturday parties more challenging. Maybe a Sunday afternoon party? IDK. What I need to do is host the "big playdate" I keep saying I'm going to do in October, where we invite everyone in both classes and see how many actually show up.
Cheryl, do you know if they do Saturday morning or Saturday evening church? For two years we did brunch-time birthday parties for E, on the weekend, and I found they worked great. Pancakes and fresh fruit and all that jazz (I did an egg dish in the slow cooker one year) and then cake afterwards. And I found that the parents were appreciative of the coffee.

A big playdate sounds fun!

Ru and I are in major discussions and deliberations about E's party. I think we're going to try for that first weekend in December. There is some discussion of doing at a public pool, but I think that really the kids are still to young. Sigh. So I guess we'll just do a regular party. Although on the space front, I think this year we're going to try to get the co-op community room booked and have the party there. More room for the kids to move around, and maybe we could even play games and perhaps have a pinata? I don't know if we're going to invite any friends from school, though. It might just be the usual 5 suspects, who are all children of friends of ours.
lemurmommies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 08:30 AM   #47
AdeliaGreen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ugh... going to lay down and drink my gingerale. Can I take pepto?

'All Bugged Out' stuffed bug pattern! Now available to purchase at You Can Make This!
Old 10-04-2010, 08:32 AM   #48
dragondance
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdeliaGreen View Post
Ugh... going to lay down and drink my gingerale. Can I take pepto?
Nope, sorry.

Morning!
Think you've got the LOWEST rate on your phone/Internet/TV/security? PM me & I will find you at least one lower rate (for FREE) or I'll PP you $5!! Discounts on gas & electric coming soon! I cut my own bills almost in half!
dragondance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 08:34 AM   #49
AdeliaGreen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Dangit... I have no idea what to do and no idea what is causing this. It's not m/s since I'm still taking diclectin, not sure if it's food poisoning or something else? But I have no other issues Just nausea and vomiting...

Old 10-04-2010, 08:36 AM   #50
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

evil computer blocking me...back later
jwjbbrown is offline   Reply With Quote