Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-03-2008, 02:39 PM   #11
jennylou
Registered Users

Re: Having to switch

We have no problems RFing a Marathon in an F-150 back seat. I don't know exactly how much room is left on each side, but I'd say a good 16 inches or so - and I say that because DH had a box of 12X12 peel and stick tile next to it on one side and there was still a few more inches of room.

Are the other kids in seats? What are they in? Are they older?

Advertisement

Old 06-03-2008, 07:30 PM   #12
Indianamom*2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calideedle View Post
First what kind of Truck is it?

If it is a full size (bigger truck) the Evenflo triumph Advance would be fine. I can get 2 Regents and a Marathon Across the back of my Fathers F150!

The Radian would be great as would the Marathon (if the truck is big)
I think that in her other post she said that its a Dodge Dakota 4dr and she has 2 other kids that have to go in next to it.

I cannot get my Triumph Advance in RF in my moms Sorento (explorer size Kia SUV) or a 2008 Explorer, next to any other carseat except for the Graco Snugride without the base.

If she has her other 2 kids in a booster she might be able to get them in there next to it.
Old 06-03-2008, 08:32 PM   #13
cokelush
Registered Users
seller
seller

This is timely and I'll be watching it. My intent is not to hijack (and mods if that is the case please feel free to move this post to it's own thread) but wondered if I could throw a question in here as well...

My g'daughter is 4mo. and 24 inches at 13 lbs. - soon she'll be out of her max20lbs infant seat too.
She is an only child so width isn't so much an issue, but her mom drives a little Honda Civic while dad drives a F10 I think it is. A 4door truck anyway... so it needs to fit in both. I need to find one that is easy to put in rear facing b/c I'm afraid if it's not her dad will just put it in forward facing for ease of use and b/c that's the way it's always been done (yeh, there are issues)...

I'm torn between the pricey Roundabout / Radian or something and the more affordable Scenera types. Is there more to the difference than just the plushness?

There is no way that $$ will dictate which one we get if it comes down to safety of course. We, the g'parents, will be helping to pay for it if it's more than 100. anyway... so she'll get her carseat regardless. Just wondering really, which is best do you think?
(Her dad is a beanpole and 6'5 so she'll fill the height maxes before she fills the weight maxes prob.)

Thanks!!
cokelush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 09:01 PM   #14
baby1577
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cokelush View Post
This is timely and I'll be watching it. My intent is not to hijack (and mods if that is the case please feel free to move this post to it's own thread) but wondered if I could throw a question in here as well...

My g'daughter is 4mo. and 24 inches at 13 lbs. - soon she'll be out of her max20lbs infant seat too.
She is an only child so width isn't so much an issue, but her mom drives a little Honda Civic while dad drives a F10 I think it is. A 4door truck anyway... so it needs to fit in both. I need to find one that is easy to put in rear facing b/c I'm afraid if it's not her dad will just put it in forward facing for ease of use and b/c that's the way it's always been done (yeh, there are issues)...

I'm torn between the pricey Roundabout / Radian or something and the more affordable Scenera types. Is there more to the difference than just the plushness?

There is no way that $$ will dictate which one we get if it comes down to safety of course. We, the g'parents, will be helping to pay for it if it's more than 100. anyway... so she'll get her carseat regardless. Just wondering really, which is best do you think?
(Her dad is a beanpole and 6'5 so she'll fill the height maxes before she fills the weight maxes prob.)

Thanks!!

At 13lbs, she should still have a while in her infant seat. But, if you want an easy install, I wouldn't get a Scenera for them, based on my experience. We have a Fisher Price Safe Voyage Deluxe, and a Britax Decathlon, and both are a BREEZE to install. I think if you gave your son-in-law a Scenera and told him to use it rear-facing you might have a big problem!
I am living the dream selling Plexus! Message me for info about a line of products that can help your family achieve overall wellness. Free shipping for all my DS mamas! Join my team today and find financial freedom! I have! http://shea7.myplexusproducts.com
baby1577 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 06:34 AM   #15
Indianamom*2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:

Thanks!!

You could do the Scenera but if it were me I would spend the extra money on something else for the main car that she will be in and then the Scenera for the secondary carseat in the other vehicle instead of having to transfer the seat all the time and risking it not being put in correctly.
DH knows how to install DDs seat and has before but I always go in after and tighten up and inspect, I NEVER let him do it alone.
We have the Evenflo Triumph Advance and it fits great in our Nissan Sentra in the RF position. DH is 6.7 so he HAS to have his seat all the way back (1 car family) and we have no problems with it at all. VERY easy to install RF even for the first time, and after you do it a couple of times its cake.
We have never had it installed in any vehicle front facing so I dont know how easy it is to do.
I LOVE this seat, I personally prefer it over Britax to be honest.

This is the one that we have. (its darker in person)
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...ductId=3028985

And while I was in BRU the other day, they had 3 different colors on the shelves and they were all the Parents Top Pick !
Old 06-04-2008, 08:52 AM   #16
cokelush
Registered Users
seller
seller

Thanks Gals! I know I have a bit of time but also that research will take time. lol.

IndianaMom: Does your lo's head fall forward in the triumph RF? That's what I've read about many of the larger conv. carseats out there. Or does it recline back enough for that not to happen? (like for sleeping and such.)
cokelush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 09:16 AM   #17
SBUTTON
Registered Users

My Mood:

My other two children are not in any seat, they are old enough not to be in a booster seat. It is a dodge dakota, we thought it was roomy until we had to put the infant seat in the back, We can't put the handle down because it would hit the backs of the front seat before we could snap it in the locked postition. With the base and carseat in my other two children do have plenty room but I know most convertable seats are wider, I'm just trying to find one that when it's in the rearfacing position it fits! thanks for all the inputs, it given me lots of ideas

I am a SAHM, who and my 28 month old . I also have a 10 yr old of a daughter and a 9yr old son .
SBUTTON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 02:46 PM   #18
Indianamom*2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Thanks Gals! I know I have a bit of time but also that research will take time. lol.

IndianaMom: Does your lo's head fall forward in the triumph RF? That's what I've read about many of the larger conv. carseats out there. Or does it recline back enough for that not to happen? (like for sleeping and such.)
In the very begining it did but we had it reclined so that the leveler was level with flat ground so we used a rolled up receiving blanket stuffed around hr head and it helped a lot.
You can recline it so that doesnt happen. With any convertible seat, if their head falls forward you can use a pool noodle to get the right recline but I think its no more than a 40* recline.
Old 06-04-2008, 05:01 PM   #19
frogandtoad
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I recommend the Cosco Scenera -- rearfaces up to 35 lbs -- got it for my LO because he outgrew the infant seat at around 6 mos (well, technically, he weighed between 16-18 lbs and was just too heavy to carry around in that thing .

PICS: (this was in my mom's Chrysler 300M)

ETA: I do have a towel under the front to recline the seat properly so that it is level RF.
There are only two lasting bequests we hope to give our children; one is roots, the other wings.

Last edited by frogandtoad; 06-04-2008 at 05:03 PM.
frogandtoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 04:45 PM   #20
lizzy12305
Registered Users

My Mood:

We recently switched from the Evenflo triumph advance to a Radian 80 and we couldnt be happier, we switched to be able to put our infant seat in the middle...the seat was a bit pricey but he will be able to be 5-point harnessed for so much longer and that was worth it for us. We gave the triumph to my mom for her car and after seeing the radian she decided to get one as well and the triumph is really just a spare now so we dont move our seat in and out all that much.

GOod luck deciding. I have a small SUV and with the triumph rear facing it was hard for people to sit next to him in the back seat, doable but not overly comfortable for anyone bigger than my tiny mother!
Wifey to Rob 12/3/05, EBF, baby wearing, co-sleeping, extended rear facing, delayed vaxing, SAHM to Maxwell 4/5/07, and Gavin 8/13/08 and baby #3 due in April.

ISO: A CD option for a newborn!
lizzy12305 is offline   Reply With Quote