Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-18-2018, 01:10 PM   #21
zeotwoski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Summer Shoe thread 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elchorrito View Post
Whoa...if bthought we had many snakes around I'd wear rain boots everywhere too. I hate snakes!!!
Yeah, but then you'd have to have your brave children check your boots for snakes before you put them on every time. Ask me how I know. I just do not know how these DC share any genetic material with me...

Advertisement

zeotwoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 03:30 PM   #22
Agla
Super Admin We can do it!
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Hawk caught snake right in my front yard when we were moving. There are rarely poisonous snakes here so I'm fine with them but don't want them slithering or anything.

So I went to a local place and I tried on shoes. There was a Chaco pair that was on clearance that might have worked. But then I tried a Teva pair and they were perfect. There's more toe showing than I'd like but they felt like sturdy clouds. They ordered them for me in Navy which I think is pretty neutralish.

They had beautiful shoes and the prices were not completely off the charts imho.

Keen seemed heavy for my feet but they have some lighter pairs I liked.

The Birkenstocks felt so hard that I didn't try them on. I can't break shoes in right now.
Old 05-18-2018, 04:02 PM   #23
MamaChirpy
Registered Users
seller

Yay for shoes!

My dad was snake bitten yesterday. Chicken snake.

My friend's daughter (3) was snake bitten by a Copperhead road last week and had to be air lifted to the children's hospital. She is totally fine now, thanks Be to God.
MamaChirpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 07:32 PM   #24
Agla
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaChirpy View Post
Yay for shoes!

My friend's daughter (3) was snake bitten by a Copperhead road last week and had to be air lifted to the children's hospital. She is totally fine now, thanks Be to God.
Mother in law sent me a picture of a rattlesnake that slithered in front at the good course. That is part of what I didn't like about Arizona. That and tarantula and scorpions.

So when I was shoe shopping there were three other people there of all different ages complaining of different foot ailments. What is going on?

I thought I found a great pair of sneakers for my second youngest but I forgot he has strong opinions.

Also I submitted a warranty claim on one pair of Vans since I still had receipt etc. Not sure that will get me anywhere.

Walmart sneakers are wearing surprisingly well.
Old 05-18-2018, 07:46 PM   #25
Elchorrito
Registered Users
seller

Maybe global warming is making the ground harder. Hot=dry=hard?
Elchorrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 08:01 PM   #26
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

How you treat your body will be reflected in the feet. Diabetes, for instance, often causes foot problems. If your back is out of whack, it can affect your feet. Most people do not realize how important it is to take care of yourself, and how important good quality, well fitting shoes are.
tallanvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 08:24 PM   #27
MamaChirpy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:

ROFL !!!
MamaChirpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 06:47 AM   #28
mykidsaremyheart
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaChirpy View Post
Yay for shoes!

Oh my. Iím glad sheís fine now. Thatís so scary!!!! I hope she heals quickly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agla View Post
Hawk caught snake right in my front yard when we were moving. There are rarely poisonous snakes here so I'm fine with them but don't want them slithering or anything.

So I went to a local place and I tried on shoes. There was a Chaco pair that was on clearance that might have worked. But then I tried a Teva pair and they were perfect. There's more toe showing than I'd like but they felt like sturdy clouds. They ordered them for me in Navy which I think is pretty neutralish.

They had beautiful shoes and the prices were not completely off the charts imho.

Keen seemed heavy for my feet but they have some lighter pairs I liked.

The Birkenstocks felt so hard that I didn't try them on. I can't break shoes in right now.

Glad you found a pair! Are they the same ones you linked? I didnít realize they make dressier shoes.

Quote:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-19-2018, 07:02 AM   #29
abh5e8
Registered Users

I've never even heard of a hawk snake or a chicken snake. We have black snakes and copperheads. Our neighbor said a big black snakes was eating 90% of our eggs while we were gone. Hopefully dh will get the coop moved today. Do you check your boots for snakes if you keep them in the garage 🤯
Shoe shoppers, do you have any links or pictures?
Old 05-19-2018, 07:10 AM   #30
Agla
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Copperheads are so nasty. Wasn't there someone who died recently because they couldn't get him the anti venom in time?

I was thinking about the foot pain issue last night. I think genetics plays a role too along with good shoes. Also how you treat them along the way. I'm sure the time I spent kicking things didn't help and my own mother has always had issues.

I think my dd will likely have some issues from the dancing. My eldest has these perfect feet. I think they are called peasant feet (when you look up foot types .) He will never wear a shoe that is uncomfortable and prefers sturdy boots. His foot looks different than the rest of ours.

I will be getting these:
https://www.rei.com/product/796011/t...yABEgK8iPD_BwE

Other people were getting Birkenstocks and New Balance I think. In case anyone was wondering. Lol