Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2011, 02:01 PM   #141
wordmama's Avatar
wordmama
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 6,784
My Mood:
Re: Baby girl needs your prayers and healing to start growing (Last updated Dec 23)

Thank you everyone! We will go back to the docs in early April for another weigh in and check up. She is saying a few more words and might have even reached 20lbs at this point. She's the tiniest in her class, but she keeps up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddysmomma09 View Post
i just came accross this today as we are looking at the same battle right now. My almost 2 yr old is 34 inches tall and 24 pounds..she has been losing instead of gaining. She has reflux but came off meds in Dec and had a milk intolerence as a baby and went on whole milk in Dec as well and a few weeks ago we relapsed....puking once a day and now not eating anything really...yesterday a few strawberries and a roll and today a few bites of apple and some gummies! We have testing on March 28th and we just want answers
Mama - I hope that tomorrow you get some leads on what might be affecting your little girl. Maybe our journey will give you some ideas to look for. The allergen-free diet has made ALL the difference for DD. While it was a tough adjustment for the first few weeks, we now do it without thinking and we've all benefited from fewer processed foods!

Good luck

Advertisement

__________________
~*Lucy*~
Loving wife and a devoted mama to 13: three in my arms
(Hayden, Felicity and Teagan), and ten in heaven.
Check out my blog, focusing on the wisdom of wee ones.
wordmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 05:30 PM   #142
Lu&Ce'sMommy's Avatar
Lu&Ce'sMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Mom2Lucas
seller
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Grand Rapids,MI
Posts: 1,964
My Mood:
Re: Baby girl needs your prayers and healing to start growing (Last updated Dec 23)

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddysmomma09 View Post
i just came accross this today as we are looking at the same battle right now. My almost 2 yr old is 34 inches tall and 24 pounds..she has been losing instead of gaining. She has reflux but came off meds in Dec and had a milk intolerence as a baby and went on whole milk in Dec as well and a few weeks ago we relapsed....puking once a day and now not eating anything really...yesterday a few strawberries and a roll and today a few bites of apple and some gummies! We have testing on March 28th and we just want answers
My DS is 2 and at his last well child he was 25lbs and 34 1/4 inches. He is on the small side for weight but he's not losing weight there's no concern. He doesn't have the vomiting or milk intolerance. He does have a little lack of appetite now where he used to eat more but I just think that's the phase all kids go through.

But I wouldn't say her height or weight is too concerning.

Prayers to you and the OP
__________________
Michelle~Nurse to many Wife to DH, Nate 09/23/06 and Mommy to Lucas 2/28/09 and Cecelia 2/27/11! Fur babies Stampy and Kimber. ~No man is a failure who has friends~
Lu&Ce'sMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 12:25 AM   #143
Ky&AbMom
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Fort St John, British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 581
My Mood:
Re: Baby girl needs your prayers and healing to start growing (Last updated Dec 23)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordmama View Post
Thank you everyone! We will go back to the docs in early April for another weigh in and check up. She is saying a few more words and might have even reached 20lbs at this point. She's the tiniest in her class, but she keeps up!



Mama - I hope that tomorrow you get some leads on what might be affecting your little girl. Maybe our journey will give you some ideas to look for. The allergen-free diet has made ALL the difference for DD. While it was a tough adjustment for the first few weeks, we now do it without thinking and we've all benefited from fewer processed foods!

Good luck
How old is your daughter? Im just lurking here and without going into a huge explantion, our 4 1/2yr old daughter weighs only 25lbs and is the size of her 2yr old sister, she was only 10lbs at 1yr old, 15lbs at 2yrs etc, shes had open heart surgery and many other tests but after 4 1/2 yrs they STILL cant figure out why she just doesnt grow, feel free to PM me if you like
Ky&AbMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 07:24 PM   #144
wordmama's Avatar
wordmama
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 6,784
My Mood:
Re: Baby girl needs your prayers and healing to start growing (Last updated Dec 23)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ky&AbMom View Post
How old is your daughter? Im just lurking here and without going into a huge explantion, our 4 1/2yr old daughter weighs only 25lbs and is the size of her 2yr old sister, she was only 10lbs at 1yr old, 15lbs at 2yrs etc, shes had open heart surgery and many other tests but after 4 1/2 yrs they STILL cant figure out why she just doesnt grow, feel free to PM me if you like
She is now almost 19 months. At her last check-up, she was a little over 19lbs. She has her own little growth curve (well below 0%), but at least she's growing.

Having Fliss on an allergen-free diet has made such a difference. It's a big adjustment at the beginning, but it truly can help kids with sensitive systems. Traditional medicine never did help us. It was our naturopath who diagnosed her intolerances and guided us on this path. They also have some phenomenal supplements for kids who aren't growing (that aren't just sugar, additives and chemicals the way most meal supplements are).

I do hope that you find the right path for your little girl. I know that worry and fear when there are no clear answers - and Fliss didn't have the complications of heart problems either. If you have any specific questions, please let me know. I'm happy to help in any way I can.
__________________
~*Lucy*~
Loving wife and a devoted mama to 13: three in my arms
(Hayden, Felicity and Teagan), and ten in heaven.
Check out my blog, focusing on the wisdom of wee ones.
wordmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 10:20 AM   #145
wordmama's Avatar
wordmama
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 6,784
My Mood:
Stumbled across this old thread and thought I should update on petite princess. She'll be three on October 1 and now weighs 24lbs. Felicity is still dairy and gluten-free. She continues to grow slowly and her two month-old sister now wears the same diaper stash as she does!

I thank you all for your prayers for her when things were rough. Reading through all our trials makes me tear up, remembering the fear that she was truly ill.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
__________________
~*Lucy*~
Loving wife and a devoted mama to 13: three in my arms
(Hayden, Felicity and Teagan), and ten in heaven.
Check out my blog, focusing on the wisdom of wee ones.

Last edited by wordmama; 08-06-2012 at 01:02 PM.
wordmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2018 VIX-WomensForum LLC. All Rights Reserved.