Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-18-2018, 11:31 PM   #101
apeeling
Registered Users
seller

Re: Jan 15 Chatter

I'm jealous of everyone's snow. People further south are getting more than we're getting here! When I moved to Kansas I read that there was an average snowfall of 14" a year (way less than what I was used to). I think we've gotten a combined 6 inches for the 3 winters I've been here, and that's being generous. Next year we'll get 4 feet to make up, maybe. I didn't even bother looking at snow boots or snow pants for DS this year.

Anyway, I got to start going to choir practice again for the first time since DD was born. She's got an actual bedtime and has a pretty good chunk of sleep after that, so DH got to put her down tonight. The choir sings with the symphony here and I looove it. I don't think I'm that much of an asset to the choir, but I love being part of it. We'll be doing a patriotic themed concert in less than a month!

Advertisement

apeeling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 04:25 AM   #102
Agla
Super Admin We can do it!
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by apeeling View Post
I'm jealous of everyone's snow. People further south are getting more than we're getting here! When I moved to Kansas I read that there was an average snowfall of 14" a year (way less than what I was used to). I think we've gotten a combined 6 inches for the 3 winters I've been here, and that's being generous. Next year we'll get 4 feet to make up, maybe. I didn't even bother looking at snow boots or snow pants for DS this year.

Anyway, I got to start going to choir practice again for the first time since DD was born. She's got an actual bedtime and has a pretty good chunk of sleep after that, so DH got to put her down tonight. The choir sings with the symphony here and I looove it. I don't think I'm that much of an asset to the choir, but I love being part of it. We'll be doing a patriotic themed concert in less than a month!
How exciting! I can't believe you have a concert in a month. My kids did a patriotic concert and they had a few months to prepare.

I read the link and thought she expressed herself beautifully. It's not often I come across a piece that looks at suffering in the way I see it.

Dh's last day of school. The students are sad to see him go. A Muslim student brought him a beautiful crucifix as a farewell gift. My dh isn't one for gifts or sentimentality but this one touched him.

He's upbeat though and looking forward to Monday.
Old 01-19-2018, 07:35 AM   #103
kmrotski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Happy Friday Mama's!

Any fun weekend plans?

I am itching for warmer weather. I want to get outside with the kids and dog so badly but bundling them up is no fun.
kmrotski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 08:01 AM   #104
MamaChirpy
Registered Users
seller

Agla-that seems a testament of what kind of teacher he is.
MamaChirpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 08:20 AM   #105
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

EI this morning and then the ophthalmologist. I'm a little nervous about that one now.

Choir sounds fun!
jen_batten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 08:41 AM   #106
Agla
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaChirpy View Post
Morning everybody!
Not sure why this quote is here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jen_batten View Post
EI this morning and then the ophthalmologist. I'm a little nervous about that one now.

Choir sounds fun!
Why are you nervous? Do you suspect bad news?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmrotski View Post
Happy Friday Mama's!

Any fun weekend plans?

I am itching for warmer weather. I want to get outside with the kids and dog so badly but bundling them up is no fun.
No fun plans. It isn't as cold here so I'm going to enjoy that.

Heading to Salvation Army in a bit.

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk
Old 01-19-2018, 10:38 AM   #107
gheera47
Registered Users

My mom found me more T-posts free. Her co-worker just wants to get ride of them. Someone else wants to give me leftover fencing. I saw my neighbor unpacking her new gates yesterday, so fingers are crossed that I can buy her old ones from her. 🤞

I was talking to DH about it all last night, then I mentioned something about concrete and the support posts for the gates. He says "Wait a minute! Concrete is permanent!". Umm... Yes, is there a different way to put up a gate?

I said we could do a nice-ish archway, then buy a nicer gate later. He's like "slow down until I think about this!" Sigh! I just want to get this done before I lose momentum. Once the ground dries out around here, putting in fence posts is a nightmare. Not to mention, I need to start planting soon, then protect it.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
gheera47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 11:01 AM   #108
Agla
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Our roles would reversed if we were deciding on a fence here.

Salvation Army was not too exciting. They still have all this Zara stuff at steep prices taking up room everywhere.

Did snag a sweater for Ds, a denim skirt for me, and a pair of boots. I'm hoping if I clean up these boots enough I can use them fairly often and save wear and tear on my nicer boots. Worth a try for $2.50.
Old 01-19-2018, 02:58 PM   #109
gheera47
Registered Users

Here is what I got finished today. I put the PVC pipes in the ground. They​ are pushed 12" into the ground on both sides. I coved them with 2 queen, 1 double sized sheets and a piece of Remay frost blanket. My mother was going to donate the sheets. I was going to buy more frost blanket, but for the time being, the sheets will work. I have PVC pipe clamps coming in the mail on Monday.

I will have to lift the sheets each day to let sunlight in, but they were free. We'll see how they work out. The Remay is designed to let light and water in. I can always buy it later.

I'm planning to put some of my transplants in the ground tomorrow. I would have done it today, but one of my soaker hoses needed to be straitened out. Hopefully it will lay flat tomorrow. In theory I won't need them, but if I don't put them down, I'll regret it later.

The second tier needs work but I need more fill. I'm going to try again to get some manure from a neighbor, rather than buying it.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
gheera47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 03:03 PM   #110
Agla
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

That's a whole lot of garden. No wonder you can put so much away. Only person I know with a bigger set up is a farmer.