Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-01-2009, 11:47 AM   #21
ClothDiaperingMama
Registered Users
seller

Re: Surrogacy nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberbamberbabyfluff View Post
I am about to be a surrogate! This whole mess made my stomach turn, Im glad I have crossed my t's and dotted my i's before I am even implanted! I don't know what to think! Regardless of what I feel, the baby/babies I carry ARE NOT MINE and I will give them to their rightful parents! I just don't know....wow. How can we sit and judge people like this, I know recovered addicts who are great parents, I know clean so called "christian" people who are horrible parents. All Im saying is it can go both ways. I hope it works out for the babies sake.

That is so sweet of you! I think you are super smart and EVERY surrogate AND prospective parent should do this. No sneaking or doing it on your way.. go by the book and things should go smoothly. I wish you the best!

Advertisement

Old 10-01-2009, 04:21 PM   #22
amberbamberbabyfluff
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClothDiaperingMama View Post
That is so sweet of you! I think you are super smart and EVERY surrogate AND prospective parent should do this. No sneaking or doing it on your way.. go by the book and things should go smoothly. I wish you the best!
Thanks mama!
amberbamberbabyfluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 07:39 PM   #23
mom2~3offspring
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

that surrogate is un caring and just flat out mean. I hope she dont get paid for sh1t
mom2~3offspring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 01:01 PM   #24
summer776
Registered Users
seller

Sorry, I can't believe this story is true. For one, surrogate costs in the US are upwards of 10 - 15k, so if you've got that kind of cash and can afford to support twins why do you need to beg on the internet for money for legal fees? Plus, gestational surrogates have no genetic tie and would've signed away any rights at the birth. However, if it's true, I'm totally taking the side of the surrogate here based on the info presented. She obviously developed a bond to these babies while carrying them and saw something was really wrong here with these parents. The adoptive mom must be seriously shady in order for her to have the babies removed after 4 weeks! Unfortunately, she too, has no genetic link here and if she can't figure out some kind of payment plan with the lawyers to get her babies back, she probably cannot take care of them anyway or is unfit enough to not be able to get a pro bono attorney to help her.
summer776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 04:13 PM   #25
mamaof10
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

actually according to michigan state law surrogacy is ILLEGAL. I know it is illegal because I considered being a surrogate...

I find the WHOLE thing very hard to believe.
AND Karlee (21 mos), AND Jessika Dawn 7-6-11!

Last edited by ~happy2Bamommy~; 10-30-2009 at 04:53 PM.
mamaof10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 11:50 AM   #26
PrettyBird
Registered Users
seller

Woah, I read those threads and what a freaking mess! So the surrogate said she gave the babies to someone else???? The whole thing is really shady.
PrettyBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 01:44 PM   #27
twins&more
Registered Users

This is a true story and they should most certainly get their babies back. I'm a (retired lol) surrogate (and egg donor) and it doesn't matter about whether surrogacy is legal or illegal--these are their babies! I cannot imagine ever deciding to keep any of my 5 surrogate or egg donor babies. It's just wrong.
twins&more is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 01:58 PM   #28
twins&more
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer776 View Post
Sorry, I can't believe this story is true. For one, surrogate costs in the US are upwards of 10 - 15k, so if you've got that kind of cash and can afford to support twins why do you need to beg on the internet for money for legal fees? Plus, gestational surrogates have no genetic tie and would've signed away any rights at the birth. However, if it's true, I'm totally taking the side of the surrogate here based on the info presented. She obviously developed a bond to these babies while carrying them and saw something was really wrong here with these parents. The adoptive mom must be seriously shady in order for her to have the babies removed after 4 weeks! Unfortunately, she too, has no genetic link here and if she can't figure out some kind of payment plan with the lawyers to get her babies back, she probably cannot take care of them anyway or is unfit enough to not be able to get a pro bono attorney to help her.
Just because GS's have no genetic tie to their surrogate babies doesn't mean they automatically have to sign away rights at birth. I did a GS and gave birth to my surrogate twins in NH, and NH only recognizes the woman who gives birth (me) as the mother, regardless of genetics. So I could've just left the hospital with the twins if I had wanted to. And as far as how much surrogacy costs, please try to remember that before most couples turn to surrogacy they've already tried artificial inseminations and INF themselves, usually putting them sometimes hundreds of thousands of dollars in debt. Then the cost of the surrogacy includes expenses like traveling to and from doctors, medications (mine were between $5K-$7K for one cycle--we did 3) as well as the actual surrogate compensation (average is $18K-$30K, depending on what may or may not be included) --so to believe this couple has exhausted their resources is probably correct. I don't know them or the surrogate but I have heard of this story before and I feel horrible for this couple. As for the mother's past, I remember reading she had a drug charge in her past. I don't know the circumstances but to think that anyone who has ever tried drugs should not be raising children is just crazy. Probably 97 out of 100 women wouldn't be mother's if that were the case.
Thanks for hearing my .02 -- and hi, I'm new here! lol
twins&more is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 02:06 PM   #29
kadydidit
Banned

This sounds like a scam!
First of all, it isn't in the surrogates power to take away the kids, they are not biologically hers.
Second, even if the mom did something CPS worthy of taking the kids, the father is still clean, they would make the mom leave and leave the kids with the perfectly capable father.
kadydidit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 04:22 PM   #30
1sttimemommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadydidit View Post
This sounds like a scam!
First of all, it isn't in the surrogates power to take away the kids, they are not biologically hers.
Second, even if the mom did something CPS worthy of taking the kids, the father is still clean, they would make the mom leave and leave the kids with the perfectly capable father.
I disagree, I just read through 19 pages on SMO and it seems like in Michigan the law is that until the papers are all signed the surrogate has all the power. I think this surrogate is a horrible hateful judgemental person. The mother had a cocaine related misdemeanor charge 8 years ago... nothing since then, why shouldn't she be able to be a mom?
1sttimemommy is offline   Reply With Quote