Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-25-2009, 07:20 PM   #11
proudsahmof4
Registered Users
Formerly: proudsahmof3
seller

My Mood:
Re: I feel like crying.

Have you tried calling all your utility/phone companies and getting an extension? Especially if you let them know that your DH has just started a second job but that you haven't seen any pay from that yet, they may be able to help you. Also, many utility companies can give you a budget plan where they take your past due balance and divide it up over the next 12 months so that you're not in a big hole anymore, but you have to ask them - they won't just offer. The only downside is that you have to make those next 12 payments on time or they can shut you off in 24 hours. You're getting into energy assistance time so if you are still having trouble in the next few weeks, you should apply for that.

I know how hard this is, mama. We've been there ourselves not that long ago. Do you have any friends or family that you can turn to for some short-term help?

Advertisement

Old 09-25-2009, 07:38 PM   #12
Ms. McClaud
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by proudsahmof3 View Post
Have you tried calling all your utility/phone companies and getting an extension? Especially if you let them know that your DH has just started a second job but that you haven't seen any pay from that yet, they may be able to help you. Also, many utility companies can give you a budget plan where they take your past due balance and divide it up over the next 12 months so that you're not in a big hole anymore, but you have to ask them - they won't just offer. The only downside is that you have to make those next 12 payments on time or they can shut you off in 24 hours. You're getting into energy assistance time so if you are still having trouble in the next few weeks, you should apply for that.

I know how hard this is, mama. We've been there ourselves not that long ago. Do you have any friends or family that you can turn to for some short-term help?

Thank you.
My electric is in my landlords name we just go down and pay it. I did get an extention on both the phone and electric thats why it is so high now. Monday there is a place open that provided you have the right paperwork in order you can get half your rent paid for so say a prayer for me. They only accept the first 20 so i have to be there at 6;30 am to try to get in line for 7:00.
Ms. McClaud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 01:16 AM   #13
chelleym
Registered Users

My Mood:

Do you sew? I have maybe a dozen original wonderroos that need elastic repair. I don't have any inserts for them though. pm me if your interested

Insanity is hereditary - you can get it from your children. - Sam Levenson
chelleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 12:03 PM   #14
Ms. McClaud
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelleym View Post
Do you sew? I have maybe a dozen original wonderroos that need elastic repair. I don't have any inserts for them though. pm me if your interested
I will try to figure it out! Maybe someone has a tutorial or can walk me through it? Im so stoked!

Last edited by Ms. McClaud; 09-26-2009 at 04:42 PM.
Old 09-27-2009, 07:44 PM   #15
Ms. McClaud
Registered Users

My Mood:

Ok DH starts his second job in the morning. I feel good and bad. I am happy we will eventually get caught up (Mid November is the goal) But i wont see him at all from 7 am to 11pm. He might have time to pop in between jobs to get his dinner to take to work but thats it. Man Im gonna miss him.
Old 10-03-2009, 07:03 AM   #16
Ms. McClaud
Registered Users

My Mood:

Well its been a tough week. The landlord came by and said if we didnt pay the WHOLE electric bill by today we were out. We have a payment arrangement schedule you know so much each week and DH tried to explain that to him but he wasnt hearing it. DH is hoping he has cooled down by today. He is going to try to talk to him. I am looking into new places just in case but with very limited funds i dont know what to do. If the landlord will let us stay until next friday we would have that decent paycheck from DH's new job. Ok just wanted to keep you updated. Thanks for the prayers ladies!
Old 10-03-2009, 07:23 AM   #17
MotherMoonPads
Formerly: KeepYourBabyClose
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. McClaud View Post
Well its been a tough week. The landlord came by and said if we didnt pay the WHOLE electric bill by today we were out. We have a payment arrangement schedule you know so much each week and DH tried to explain that to him but he wasnt hearing it. DH is hoping he has cooled down by today. He is going to try to talk to him. I am looking into new places just in case but with very limited funds i dont know what to do. If the landlord will let us stay until next friday we would have that decent paycheck from DH's new job. Ok just wanted to keep you updated. Thanks for the prayers ladies!
Has your landlord already started the eviction process? Evictions take a LOT more time than a week.

MotherMoonPads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 07:35 AM   #18
Ms. McClaud
Registered Users

My Mood:

well he said he wanted us out. he hasnt started the legal process yet. I dont want to scew anyone over. I dont know what to do.
Old 10-03-2009, 08:12 AM   #19
brianpieper
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My heart goes out to you mama and you are in our prayers. I have a couple of Swaddlebees outlet OS Pocket diapers that I can send your way if you can use them. I bought them myself from the outlet a couple of months ago and they come with the OS combo insert.
brianpieper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 10:08 AM   #20
brianpieper
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

pm'd you back
brianpieper is offline   Reply With Quote