Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-09-2014, 08:35 AM   #1891
Galatea
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Top ten reasons not to circumcise your son

Advertisement

Ds1 2004 ~ Ds2 2005 ~ Dd1 2008 ~ Ds3 2010 ~ Dd2 2014
Why you shouldn't circumcise your son
Galatea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 07:14 PM   #1892
chandni3
Registered Users
seller

Is it an issue if the foreskin doesn't retract? I know it might not until as late as puberty, but if it doesn't then what? And since I probably won't be talking to my son about it when he's a teen, if there is concerns, how do I know? address them? Should I just leave that up to hubby? Or let my son figure it out himself?
chandni3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 09:21 AM   #1893
EmilyA874
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandni3 View Post
Is it an issue if the foreskin doesn't retract? I know it might not until as late as puberty, but if it doesn't then what? And since I probably won't be talking to my son about it when he's a teen, if there is concerns, how do I know? address them? Should I just leave that up to hubby? Or let my son figure it out himself?
Why wouldn't you talk to your son about it??? I mean, if your son were a daughter would you not discuss when she begins menstruating? There should be no difference here really in my opinion.

I plan to do my very best to keep the lines of communication open with both my daughter and son, hopefully if I do that starting from when they are young then there will never be much embarrassment. It is sad we have such shame about our bodies.

There is no reason you can't simply ask your son "hey, are you able to retract your foreskin yet?" he can simply answer yes or no. A yes would be a good time to mention pulling it back in the shower to rinse it with water too. Perhaps he will be a little embarrassed but at least he will know you are open to talking about it and you feel no embarrassment about it.

I always think of this story in these cases. So sad. My hope is that we can all change the way we view these body parts and the shame stigma so there are no more stories like this: http://thestir.cafemom.com/teen/1558...cancer_because
EmilyA874 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 11:11 AM   #1894
chandni3
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilyA874 View Post
Why wouldn't you talk to your son about it??? I mean, if your son were a daughter would you not discuss when she begins menstruating? There should be no difference here really in my opinion.

I plan to do my very best to keep the lines of communication open with both my daughter and son, hopefully if I do that starting from when they are young then there will never be much embarrassment. It is sad we have such shame about our bodies.

There is no reason you can't simply ask your son "hey, are you able to retract your foreskin yet?" he can simply answer yes or no. A yes would be a good time to mention pulling it back in the shower to rinse it with water too. Perhaps he will be a little embarrassed but at least he will know you are open to talking about it and you feel no embarrassment about it.

I always think of this story in these cases. So sad. My hope is that we can all change the way we view these body parts and the shame stigma so there are no more stories like this: http://thestir.cafemom.com/teen/1558...cancer_because
Ok, well, I'll leave that up to my husband, but is it an issue if it doesn't? I guess it'd depend on if it was causing problems with an erection? Whey are doctor's so keen on making sure it retracts?
chandni3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 11:14 AM   #1895
ktmelody
No Longer Here

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandni3 View Post
I wouldn't worry about it. Less than 1 percent of men don't retract after age 19.

Most retract by age 6, but many don't until puberty which for boys can be anywhere from 11-16 years old.
ktmelody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 01:55 PM   #1896
Sviz
Registered Users

Please research how painfully unnecessary circumcision is. What you don't know WILL hurt you and your child.

www(dot)mothering(dot)com/community/t/1071893/care-info-for-intact-boy-or-girl

The following video is only 39 seconds of what usually takes about 5 minutes.
www(dot)youtube(dot)com/watch?v=7V4BrEVK8l0

This video is too graphic for a newborn to endure!
www(dot)youtube(dot)com/watch?v=MDuDhkiDdns

In this video, the circumcision is "quick," but the mother is still too distraught to hold her child during the infant's recovery:
Jewish Circumcision: Cutting with Tradition
www(dot)youtube(dot)com/watch?v=O_lLUXUo3Wk&t=19m40s

The following website shows that your son will lose sensitive structures if he is circumcised:
www(dot)nocirc(dot)org/touch-test/bju_6685.pdf

The following website will show that the female partner of your son will be affected negatively by circumcision:
www(dot)sexasnatureintendedit(dot)com/
Sviz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 05:19 PM   #1897
CherryPie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

The Circumcision Decision
by BIRTH WITHOUT FEAR

http://birthwithoutfearblog.com/2011...sion-decision/

GetSafeScents.com- New Spring/Summer 2014 catalog is out!
Join Scentsy | Scentsy Closeout Section
Follow me on Instagram: @SarahB00)
CherryPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 06:06 PM   #1898
Galatea
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Bump

Old 04-26-2014, 09:15 AM   #1899
Galatea
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Old 05-01-2014, 01:29 PM   #1900
gem898
Registered Users
seller
seller

Can I just say that I'm so glad I read this thread when I was pregnant with my first baby? She was a girl so it wasn't an issue, but my second was a boy. It was such an easy decision to leave him intact after reading information like this for the last 3 years. I saw a freshly circumcised boy yesterday and it just broke my heart to see such a painful looking wound. My son and I are both thankful that he didn't have the same experience
gem898 is offline   Reply With Quote