Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-26-2011, 04:07 PM   #1
Courtney33
Registered Users
seller

Bambino Mio?

Has anyone used bambino mio prefolds and covers? If so what is your opinion on them? I was offered the "birth to potty" set which comes with 24 size 1 prefolds, 24 size 2 prefolds, 4 nb covers, 3 sm covers, 3 med covers, 3 lg covers and 3 xl covers. They seller is also including a bucket with lid and liner, a thing of biodegradable liners, a thing of laundry mio laundry detergent and some other cleaning soap by bambino. These all look BRAND new, and some are. The birth to potty pack is about 500 new and they are only asking 175 for the whole set. I don't NEED all of it. I am only needing newborn prefolds and covers but since the seller wont break the set up I'm contemplating just getting it all. I have OS pockets and AIO's and covers for when my LO gets bigger but I guess extra stuff would be nice?
What do you think? I haven't heard much about bambino mio but then again I'm new to the cding world. Any opinions are much appreciated!

Advertisement

Courtney33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 09:19 PM   #2
ursaminor
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Bambino Mio?

Considering you can get 24 infant PFs for $36 at cotton babies,...I feel like bambino mio prefolds are quite pricey. It might be a deal considering all the covers, but I feel like OS covers can be a really affordable option, too. I see you are in Germany, and I have heard PFs are hard to come by there and not all US CD shops will ship over seas. It actually could be a good deal, 48 diaper and 15 covers for $175...practically new..hmm
Old 06-26-2011, 09:48 PM   #3
RockinLou
Registered Users
seller

If you are expecting a small baby then I wouldn't bother, the Bambino Mio NB cover runs quite large, my 3 week old can't wear it yet (he was 7lbs 10 days ago..)

The prefolds are okay and functional, and the covers are nice, but the newborn size doesn't fit my newborn!
RockinLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 09:58 PM   #4
madsma2825
Registered Users
seller

I ordered a Bambino Mio trial set and even though I liked them well enough the price kept me from ordering more. They do seem to be a good quality diaper. I have the bucket and use it everyday. It isn't big enough to hold all of our dirty diapers until laundry day but works well for us because we store dirty diapers on two levels of our house. All of that being said, I would have a hard time passing up the price that you are offered!
madsma2825 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 02:55 AM   #5
Courtney33
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ursaminor View Post
Considering you can get 24 infant PFs for $36 at cotton babies,...I feel like bambino mio prefolds are quite pricey. It might be a deal considering all the covers, but I feel like OS covers can be a really affordable option, too. I see you are in Germany, and I have heard PFs are hard to come by there and not all US CD shops will ship over seas. It actually could be a good deal, 48 diaper and 15 covers for $175...practically new..hmm
Cotton babies will ship here and a lot of others too because I have an APO. And I was planning on buying some prefolds from little lions and covers from Kellys closet. MOST of the covers would be NB or small so even tho I would be saving money going this route I would get less since the mio pack comes with bigger covers. But I have my OS covers, prefolds and AIO's for when she is bigger too, so idk if I would really use all of the stuff in the mio package lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinLou View Post
If you are expecting a small baby then I wouldn't bother, the Bambino Mio NB cover runs quite large, my 3 week old can't wear it yet (he was 7lbs 10 days ago..)

The prefolds are okay and functional, and the covers are nice, but the newborn size doesn't fit my newborn!
This is my first baby so I have NO idea what size she will be or what to expect. This is good to know tho. What covers did fit your newborn? And did the mio prefolds fit at all or no?

Quote:
Originally Posted by madsma2825 View Post
I ordered a Bambino Mio trial set and even though I liked them well enough the price kept me from ordering more. They do seem to be a good quality diaper. I have the bucket and use it everyday. It isn't big enough to hold all of our dirty diapers until laundry day but works well for us because we store dirty diapers on two levels of our house. All of that being said, I would have a hard time passing up the price that you are offered!
Yea I'm struggling with the idea of passing a good offer up. I guess I need to sit down and decide if I would use all of it and if it's worth it.
Courtney33 is offline   Reply With Quote