Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-05-2009, 12:57 AM   #1
Silver)O(Moon
formerly 4boysMomma
seller

My Mood:
Bamboo - better for sensitive skin?

I have seen a few posts here and there (amongst other topics so I didn't want to hijack) about how some LO's do better in bamboo due to sensitive skin. I was wondering if anyone could expand on that? What is it about bamboo that makes it better for sensitive skin over cotton? If it all bamboo or just OBV or ???

My little guy is a bit sensitive. We EC, but if its a lazy day and he uses diapers alot he is often red on the boy parts by the end of the day. He does seem a bit better with stay-dry diapers, but I'd love to go with all-natural fibers if I could. I have issues with putting synthetics next to his skin! I have one bamboo diaper but its not enough for me to tell if it makes a difference or not. I'd like to hear more about bamboo as I am thinking of buying some fitteds for him. Thanks!

Advertisement

And wife to my amazing DH who supports me in all I do!
Silver)O(Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 08:53 AM   #2
CelticJamie
Registered Users

Re: Bamboo - better for sensitive skin?

It would probably depend on the specific child's skin issues, but in general, here are some reasons:
First of all, it's a natural fabric, so nohting synthetic to react to.
It also wicks moisture away from skin, so keeps skin dryer/maybe fewer rashes.
It's also really really soft next to the skin, so less inclined to irritate skin.
Bamboo also naturally impedes bacteria growth, so it's a "cleaner" fabric surface. It's naturally hypoallergenic and sanitizing.
Hope that helps a little!
CelticJamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 11:41 AM   #3
mamamaggie
Registered Users
seller

Re: Bamboo - better for sensitive skin?

Maybe I'm hyjacking your thread, but it seems like most of the bamboo I see is mixed with a synthetic becuase it isn't strong enough so I haven't wanted to try it.
mamamaggie is offline   Reply With Quote