Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-15-2010, 09:42 AM   #1
HappyHank
Registered Users

My Mood:
Bamboo

What are your thoughts on bamboo inserts? Do you think they are worth their weight in gold?

Thanks.

Advertisement

HappyHank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 12:08 PM   #2
carnes2007
Registered Users
seller

Re: Bamboo

I am so new to cd'ing but so far I haven't found that big of a difference between the bamboo inserts and my mf inserts, beside the fact that I can put bamboo directly on my lo's skin obviously. The ones I have anyway, are shorter so I find that there is more room for leakage when I use them in my pockets and I have to double up on them whereas with my mf ones I can use just one. One thing I like about them is mine have never stained.
carnes2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 04:05 PM   #3
rdossmann
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It depends on what you are looking for and want. I prefer natural fabrics against my lo so I get cotton or bamboo. I prefer bamboo over cotton b/c it is usually trimmer and imo a little more absorbant if you compare layers to layers. I have never had stink issues with it, and although it does stain at times it suns out and washes out after a while...for my anyways. HTH.
Old 03-15-2010, 08:27 PM   #4
fgg
Registered Users
seller
seller

I switched from microfiber to bamboo insterts in my BG's because the stink was driving me crazy. It has made all the difference in the world! My mf inserts didn't stink at first, but after a couple of months (we only use them at night) they were so awful in the morning. Definitely worth the money.
fgg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 08:29 PM   #5
SillyEllie
Registered Users
Formerly: ardygurly
seller

My Mood:

I'm one of those weird people that hates bamboo. I dunno, I think it stinks and I don't think it absorbs alot. I like hemp WAY better. But that's just me, alot of people like bamboo
Old 03-15-2010, 08:30 PM   #6
BigSamsMom
Registered Users
seller

Well not worth their weight in gold, but we love Bamboo for it's absorbency. We use Zorb/cotton flannel inserts with Bamboo fitteds (Bamboozles). Quite often DS wakes up with the back of his diaper still dry after 12-13 hours of sleep.
BigSamsMom is offline   Reply With Quote