Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-08-2012, 11:12 AM   #1
hbelle521
Registered Users
seller

Bamboo & dryer sheets

It took about 7 washes as well as a 20 min boil to get my last bamboo inserts fully prepped. I have some new ones that I think I'm just going to wash with regular loads of laundry about 8-10 times before even trying to use them.

Do they have to b dried in between washes?

Will it ruin their absorbency if I dry them with my other clothes w dryer sheets?

Advertisement

hbelle521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 09:44 PM   #2
zeotwoski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Bamboo & dryer sheets

Using dryer sheets with your regular laundry does leave beind residue in your dryer that will then get on your diaper loads as well. You will want to dry them without dryer sheets, even to prep--if you think about it, you're trying to get oils OUT with all that prepping, but the dryer sheets are putting stuff back in so it's not really going to work too well.

Since you're already doing diaper laundry, could you just wash the new inserts with every diaper load you do? I think hot washes prep better than cold also.
zeotwoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 09:55 PM   #3
hbelle521
Registered Users
seller

I thought I wouldn't want to prep them with other diaper laundry because of the oils getting on my other diapers???
Old 02-08-2012, 11:58 PM   #4
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbelle521
I thought I wouldn't want to prep them with other diaper laundry because of the oils getting on my other diapers???
You don't want to wash them with diaper laundry as the oils will create problems. They could be washed with your regular clothes but I would avoid the dryer sheets as I think they could hinder absorbency. I have also heard that dryer sheets leave a residue which affects your diapers & shouldn't ever be used w/non-diaper laundry. I've heard of people that ignore this and never have issues though too. :shrug:
lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 08:07 AM   #5
hbelle521
Registered Users
seller

I have always used dryer sheets n my laundry since we have loved here (6 years) & have been washing diapers for 2 years with no issues but I thought I probably shouldn't use them directly in the dryer w the inserts so I won't