Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-16-2010, 12:17 AM   #1
JKTexas
Registered Users
Formerly: jes***ox

My Mood:
Bambino Mio soft nappi cover

Has aonyone tried these? They look nice trim fitting. How well do they work in your opinion compared to other popular covers? Do you use the birth to potty system or buy your own pfs? Do other pfs work just as well in these? Would it be as trim fitting in the covers as their pfs? Is one pf trifolded usually enough during the day for a heavy wetting toddler to go 2+ hrs in if needed or do you usually need to add a doubler? I want a system that is easy to use but also very absorbent and trim fitting under clothes. How well does this work with bf babies since the cover can easily be wipes out and reused? Too messy?

Advertisement

JKTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 10:51 PM   #2
tsuzporter
Registered Users

Re: Bambino Mio soft nappi cover

I am very conflicted about mine, but I think I just have the wrong size. It is the only diaper I have purchased so far that hasn't leaked, but it seems bulky...the prefold comes out at the top. But I do stand by it as my nighttime diaper. My daughter is 8 months and at her 6 month appointment she was 16 pounds. I got a size medium. I don't THINK she would be over 21 pounds (which classifies as a large). So if you do it, I'd be careful!
tsuzporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 01:17 AM   #3
MaizyMooKnits
Registered Usersbr>Formerly: bonky1977
seller

Here's my 2 cents: I have 1 Medium cover and stuffed it with GMD yellow PFs and though that combo worked well and was quite trim, but they do run small so it did not fit my daughter for very long (compared to lets say a M Thirsties). I think they are most similar to an Imse Vimse cotton/pul cover. I have it listed here http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...d.php?t=970853 if you're interested.
MaizyMooKnits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 07:10 AM   #4
ariannasmommy22
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessiknox View Post
Has aonyone tried these? Yes and they are very form fitting. I have size large for my 23lber but I think it's still a little big. I have to get it pretty snug and even when I do that the legs are still big.
They look nice trim fitting. How well do they work in your opinion compared to other popular covers? They aren't my go-to cover (Flips are) but they are my second favorite. I really like them because they are really soft.
Do you use the birth to potty system or buy your own pfs? Yes, I use the Bambino Mio size 2 prefolds right now but also have some random indian ones too. Do other pfs work just as well in these? Yes, they have all worked fine. Would it be as trim fitting in the covers as their pfs? The BM prefolds are pretty thick so they do fluff out a bit. But they are very absorbant and with the BM cover they look fine...trifolded or snappied. Is one pf trifolded usually enough during the day for a heavy wetting toddler to go 2+ hrs in if needed or do you usually need to add a doubler? I have a heavy wetter and I use 1 prefold during the day and change her about every 2 hours. I wouldn't put her in a prefold at night or during nap though...because she is niagra falls I want a system that is easy to use but also very absorbent and trim fitting under clothes. How well does this work with bf babies since the cover can easily be wipes out and reused? Too messy?
Ok, well the cover is easy to wipe clean, but the outside lining on the legs is cloth, so if poop gets on it...then you will have to decide if it's good enough to wipe off or get a new cover. But, I think most covers are the same way.