Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-26-2017, 08:04 AM   #1
love2teachem
Registered Users

Hello!

Hi! I am new to the site and I am a foster parent. My husband and I have a bio son that is 11, and we have had 5 placements in our home since last year. One little guy has been with us since birth and TPR is set for Aug! We are very excited to have him join our family permanently. We just reunited another little one with his family last week. (Two under 1 was a little crazy!) We now have an opening for another kiddo and I am sure it won't be long before we get the call. I just wanted to introduce myself and say hello!

Advertisement

love2teachem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 12:43 PM   #2
Futurefam
Registered Users

Re: Hello!

Hey there and welcome! There is not a lot traffic or posts in this forum, but hopefully we can all still help each other along. Even if we have mostly readers here my hope is they are educated and informed on foster care/adoption by our shared experiences.
We have had 10 placements to date over the years. Currently awaiting the phone to ring again too.
Past: 9 children that have moved on...
Futurefam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 01:00 PM   #3
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

We have been fostering for almost 2 years. We are on the road to adoption with 2 little guys but our state is backed up so the TPR is taking forever. We also have biological children so we are 'full' but will be able to take siblings of the boys...we are expecting one to land here later this summer.

If it makes you feel better about 2 under one....we had 4 under 3 for a long time. Now it is just 4 ages 3 and under...at least until the sibling is born, then it will be 5 ages 3 and under!
jen_batten is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 03:30 PM   #4
love2teachem
Registered Users

It is always super nice to have a place to talk to people that understand what it is like to foster! This is our second year of fostering. Are either of you able to stay home with the kids? I am a teacher, so I love the summer! During the school year it is super hard to keep up with meetings, visits and court dates. Yuck! Jen, I am going to say what every foster parent loved hearing I don't know how you do it! Let me guess, you don't really know either? That is a house full of love and dirty diapers!
love2teachem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 05:40 PM   #5
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by love2teachem View Post
It is always super nice to have a place to talk to people that understand what it is like to foster! This is our second year of fostering. Are either of you able to stay home with the kids? I am a teacher, so I love the summer! During the school year it is super hard to keep up with meetings, visits and court dates. Yuck! Jen, I am going to say what every foster parent loved hearing I don't know how you do it! Let me guess, you don't really know either? That is a house full of love and dirty diapers!
I stay home with our littles. Altogether we have 7 kids. It certainly is a house of love and dirty diapers--but only 2 in diapers right now which doesn't feel bad at all because for a while it was 4! I wouldn't change our lives for anything though.
jen_batten is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 12:25 PM   #6
Futurefam
Registered Users

I work full time but have flexible employer who works with me about visits, appointments, court and all around trauma informed parenting which requires extra time with our kiddos.
Past: 9 children that have moved on...
Futurefam is offline   Reply With Quote