Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-10-2017, 02:37 PM   #21
amdafforn16
Registered Users
seller

Re: **TMI Post** Natural Constipation Remedies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopeworks View Post
Iron pills that are normally taken during pregnancy are highly constipating. May be check with your doctor if they allow you to take non-constipating pills? I was allowed to take folic acid pills separately & non-constipating iron pills (Blood Builder works best for me!) & I also took Fish Oil Liquid with Vit D by Nordic Naturals. This was the first step to get things going.

Second was to eat vegetables (more-so than my normal intake) & drink warm water.

Third was to eat soft foods like Avocado, well cooked rice, oatmeal. This will make things flow like (I know TMI) toothpaste without hurting other parts.

Fourth and most important (at least it turned out to be in my case) was to reduce sugar intake.

I did not need to take any extra supplements once I took care of the above 4.

I hope things start flowing mamma!
I'm not taking any iron in addition to my prenatal and my prenatal is supposed to be "non-contipating" (or so it says on the bottle). I appreciate all the advice! I do definitely notice a difference between the days where I eat my salad/fruits & veggies for lunch and snacks when I'm at work vs. the weekends when I tend to eat a bunch of crap. I tried prune juice but it made me super bloated, gassy and miserable so I think I'm done with that LOL.

Advertisement

She is clothed with strength and dignity, and she laughs without fear of the future. Proverbs 31:25
amdafforn16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 03:17 PM   #22
Agla
Super Admin We can do it!
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

When I had this issue after one of my pregnancies my doctor prescribed Kale.

I'm actually backwards in what I have to do. Maybe because my diet is low in sugar (I avoid any added sugars in products and don't usually do any sweets) I've actually found that having a sweet and a cup of coffee does the trick. I know it sounds completely insane and don't do it but it shows how mysterioud and temperamental the body can be.

How about a different prenatal? Do you think that might help?

Last edited by Agla; 07-10-2017 at 03:18 PM.
Agla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 03:30 PM   #23
amdafforn16
Registered Users
seller

This prenatal is actually MUCH better than the one I was originally on so I don't think that it's the problem. I drink a protein shake for breakfast most days and it has pre/probiotics and digestive enzymes and that really helps alot... when I have it. I'm really good about having that and eating a healthier, more high-fiber diet during the week and then it all goes to crap on the weekends. If I'd be more consistent that would be helpful haha

She is clothed with strength and dignity, and she laughs without fear of the future. Proverbs 31:25
amdafforn16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 03:59 PM   #24
Agla
Super Admin We can do it!
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by amdafforn16 View Post
This prenatal is actually MUCH better than the one I was originally on so I don't think that it's the problem. I drink a protein shake for breakfast most days and it has pre/probiotics and digestive enzymes and that really helps alot... when I have it. I'm really good about having that and eating a healthier, more high-fiber diet during the week and then it all goes to crap on the weekends. If I'd be more consistent that would be helpful haha
The weekends can be tricky for sure. Especially if you go out. It's the "day off" mindset. Everyone here treats it like a holiday.

I'm glad you mentioned a smoothie. I don't have one every day but I do find them helpful I think it's my protein powder. I'm terrible about taking my probiotic. I really need to be better. I feel so much better on it.