Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-05-2013, 08:11 PM   #1
serenas_song
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
any tips for weaning 20 month old?

We're well on our way to weaning, as my 20 month old is only nursing 2x/day- nap and night time, and almost always STTN. I'd really like to get her weaned within the next month or so as we're going to TTC, and I don't want to nurse through pregnancy or tandem nurse 2 kiddos. The problem is, she still usually nurses to sleep, or at least nurses to help her relax before I rock her to sleep. She just doesn't go down easily otherwise. I guess I just need to figure out a new routine for nap/bedtimes. any tips or suggestions? thanks!

Advertisement

Old 07-06-2013, 09:52 AM   #2
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:
Re: any tips for weaning 20 month old?

Maybe offer a sippy before bed then rock her to sleep. It might be hard for a few nights, but she will get it. Same with nap time.
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 06:59 PM   #3
Silver)O(Moon
formerly 4boysMomma
seller

My Mood:

Yep, we did sippy cups of water and I would lay next to them till they fell asleep. A new bedtime routine can be rocking with her facing out and reading a story. Does she have a lovey? A special night time blanket or toy can help. My older boys adjusted easily, but one of my younger boys was really mad and cried. He got over it in about 3 days. We weaned for the same reason plus I had really had no milk left and dry nursing bothered me. We were pg the next month!
And wife to my amazing DH who supports me in all I do!
Silver)O(Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 04:39 PM   #4
RebeccaLynne
Registered Users

How about letting DH start a new routine with her? We weaned about that age and it was all about distraction.
RebeccaLynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 04:44 PM   #5
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I had DH start putting kiddos to bed when we started weaning. He got to bond with them and I went for a walk, which I needed too. It was awesome.
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote