Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-04-2013, 12:31 PM   #81
blesdfish
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Wow, people suck

Eeeww, that's terrible! I have a nurse friend who is constantly blowing off steam about rude ER patients. I feel bad for her and have just gotten used to her babble... But man I hope I never get a nurse like her if I'm ever at the ER!

Eta: she's probably an amazing nurse... But I still wouldn't want her talking about me.
Good job OP!

Advertisement

Last edited by blesdfish; 02-04-2013 at 12:40 PM.
blesdfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:17 PM   #82
Chasing Zen
Registered Users
Formerly: ccsmom11
seller

My Mood:

Thanks so much OP!
Old 02-04-2013, 01:29 PM   #83
escapethevillage
Registered Users

My Mood:

While, I think it's unprofessional, and hurts my heart a little... I think it might be how they deal with the stress of where they work.

I do this with daycare parents, and occasionally the kids. Not to that extreme. But, I have had difficult parents, and we give them nicknames. I have had one "Hangovermom" and two "Psychomom"s in the past. Now I have one I call "BeautifulDad"...but, he's a jerk, so I'm not saying it in a very nice way.

It helps deal with the stress and irritation.

But, I can't imagine calling kids in a hospital names.

Places like this, really need to make the working environment as cohesive as possible. A happy employer, means happier kids. Sometimes you have to take special care of the caretakers to make the job a little less stressful.
Old 02-04-2013, 01:42 PM   #84
Tris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by escapethevillage View Post
While, I think it's unprofessional, and hurts my heart a little... I think it might be how they deal with the stress of where they work.

I do this with daycare parents, and occasionally the kids. Not to that extreme. But, I have had difficult parents, and we give them nicknames. I have had one "Hangovermom" and two "Psychomom"s in the past. Now I have one I call "BeautifulDad"...but, he's a jerk, so I'm not saying it in a very nice way.

Places like this, really need to make the working environment as cohesive as possible. A happy employer, means happier kids. Sometimes you have to take special care of the caretakers to make the job a little less stressful.
This is what I was thinking when I read the OP as well, but the antagonizing part didn't sit well. I don't know that I would turn her in or anything, but I might let the boss know I had overheard some things and maybe some tolerance and how to deal with the kind of work they are in classes could help.
Old 02-04-2013, 01:43 PM   #85
Tris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Ooh I should've read back a page. Keep us updated Emma, you did the right thing.
Old 02-04-2013, 01:57 PM   #86
theonenonlymrssmith
Poet Laureate

Quote:
Originally Posted by escapethevillage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tris
This is what I was thinking when I read the OP as well, but the antagonizing part didn't sit well. I don't know that I would turn her in or anything, but I might let the boss know I had overheard some things and maybe some tolerance and how to deal with the kind of work they are in classes could help.
At first I felt similar, but really things like that, even if its to de-stress, should be kept verbal, and not posted on FB for the entire world to see. IMHO, that is what makes this so terrible. People need to learn that FB is NOT a private forum, and not the place to say such things.
theonenonlymrssmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:27 PM   #87
NotLad
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by theonenonlymrssmith View Post
At first I felt similar, but really things like that, even if its to de-stress, should be kept verbal, and not posted on FB for the entire world to see. IMHO, that is what makes this so terrible. People need to learn that FB is NOT a private forum, and not the place to say such things.
Thats the thing that bugs me - it being on FB. It's one thing to joke and vent to a friend, but putting it on fb is not okay.
NotLad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:33 PM   #88
MotherMoonPads
Formerly: KeepYourBabyClose
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaGM View Post
you guys are making me all sniffly saying thank you. Thank YOU for being such a great support system.
I'm another mama who has had a child in such a facility, and I thank you as well

Reading your OP literally made me shudder in disgust. I just can't even imagine.
MotherMoonPads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:12 PM   #89
twinmomstl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

It IS a HIPPA violation and they should all be fired
Working my dream job as NICU Nurse . I have two not so little monsters Dominick and Gavin born 08/08/08 Still TTC #3
twinmomstl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:13 PM   #90
twinmomstl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We have had nurses fired over vague FB status updates and we are not allowed to 'friend' any patients parents.
Working my dream job as NICU Nurse . I have two not so little monsters Dominick and Gavin born 08/08/08 Still TTC #3
twinmomstl is offline   Reply With Quote