Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-27-2012, 10:20 PM   #1
Swimmingly
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
how close is too close?

So, we are going on a long car ride this weekend (like ALL day long). ODD just out of the blue asked if I would put her seat RF for the drive. Apparently she thinks it will be way more comfy. And I think she wants to be like her sister, which is a bit odd but whatever. She has been FF since she turned 3, except for one long trip last summer when I put her RF again.

She is in an older Scenera with a 35 lb RF limit. She weighs 33.5 lbs as of last weekend, in her regular clothes, but no shoes.
I had her sit in her sister's RF Scenera just to get a quick look at the height and I think it is barely ok. I didn't have a ruler on me, but it looked like about 1.5 inches of shell above her head (measured perpendicular to the seat).

So, technically, I think she would be ok, but... she is awfully close on both measurements. It makes me concerned.

I'm not excited about it because I usually have to sit between them in the back on the drive when we go that far and it is a PITA climbing in there with both of them RF.

I'm not sure what to do about this one.

Advertisement

Old 02-27-2012, 10:30 PM   #2
jaelynsmommy61607
Registered Users
seller
seller

Your dd must be tiny if she still fits! I am ok with rf a 33.5 lbs child in a 35lb seat. I don't know about your kids but my kids wouldn't be wearing shoes in the car for that long of a drive. I'd doubt check the shell and if she's still got an inch I say go for it. You can always turn it back if needed. The beat way to measure is with a book that's about one inch thick.
jaelynsmommy61607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 10:37 PM   #3
ashersmomoo
Registered Users
seller

Re: how close is too close?

I agree, I think it'd be fine. I say go for it!
DW to my BFF and DH! In SAHM heaven to my 3 perfect boys: Asher (9/2/05) , Oliver (2/24/08) , and Gabriel (3/30/12) Novice urban farmer, trying to feed my family on 1/3 acre! http://wildcardgardenbug.blogspot.com/
ashersmomoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 10:48 PM   #4
me_just_me
Registered Users

My Mood:

Wow she must be super tiny! My DD out grew hers RFing at 28 months old! She was 36 inches tall.

I just looked at your siggy and noticed that your DD is August 2007 as well! I can't even imagine my DD still fitting in the Scenera RFing!
Old 02-27-2012, 11:25 PM   #5
TalkinBoutMyGirl
~Love~
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by me_just_me
Wow she must be super tiny! My DD out grew hers RFing at 28 months old! She was 36 inches tall.

I just looked at your siggy and noticed that your DD is August 2007 as well! I can't even imagine my DD still fitting in the Scenera RFing!
I agree her dd must be tiny! My short 3 year old only has like an inch or two left.
Old 02-28-2012, 04:54 AM   #6
Swimmingly
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

She IS super tiny. She always has been. I am quite sure YDD will be taller than her before too long!

I love the book idea for measuring! Thanks for that. I am going to double check the height again before I flip the seat, but yeah, I guess I should probably do it. I'll suck it up and climb back there through the front to get in between them.
Old 03-01-2012, 02:05 PM   #7
cadamia1
Registered
seller

as long as she is comfortable.
cadamia1 is offline   Reply With Quote