Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-26-2012, 06:56 PM   #1
rosenfried2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
weekly chat April 26-May 4

New week!!!! Getting closer ladies!

Advertisement

Follow me at my blog:Rosenfried's Ramblings
rosenfried2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 08:36 PM   #2
edens_mom
Registered Users
seller

Re: weekly chat April 26-May 4

I'm almost 28 weeks! I really hope our next baby (if we have one) is due at the beginning of the month so I don't feel so far behind. It's all mental I know, but seeing you guys post about being x weeks or having x time left makes me feel like I'm that far along.. and then I don't hit it for another 2 or 3 weeks! Ahhh! I am going to have to go MIA come late June...

Took a ton of extra stuff to a friend's yard sale to raise money for her adoption. It feels so nice to get rid of extra stuff, but now my 4yo is obsessed with giving our stuff away and I keep trying to explain to her that mommy has gone through everything and we're not giving anything else away for now!!
Old 04-26-2012, 08:42 PM   #3
calex99
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by edens_mom View Post
I'm almost 28 weeks! I really hope our next baby (if we have one) is due at the beginning of the month so I don't feel so far behind. It's all mental I know, but seeing you guys post about being x weeks or having x time left makes me feel like I'm that far along.. and then I don't hit it for another 2 or 3 weeks! Ahhh! I am going to have to go MIA come late June...

Took a ton of extra stuff to a friend's yard sale to raise money for her adoption. It feels so nice to get rid of extra stuff, but now my 4yo is obsessed with giving our stuff away and I keep trying to explain to her that mommy has gone through everything and we're not giving anything else away for now!!
I feel the same way you do. Being due at the end of the month really stinks! I am only 26 weeks, so I still have another month to go before I reach the 30 week mark. I must admit this pregnancy has gone by really fast, but I think I won't really feel like it is coming to an end until 30 weeks. Even then...I don't know! I went past 40 weeks w/ my DD.
calex99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 09:02 PM   #4
luckyducky77
Registered Users
seller

Well, my mom didn't make the flight afterall. Kind of bummed since my dad now is no longer optimistic that she'll make it tomorrow. I guess there were more people on the stand by list ranked higher priority than her and he's not sure it's going to be any better tomorrow. He said maybe she'll make it up saturday night but if not, won't come up until next week now. With how optimistic he was, kind of got my hopes up and excited. This is the downside to stand by flying.
luckyducky77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 09:30 PM   #5
srpettitt
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyducky77 View Post
Well, my mom didn't make the flight afterall. Kind of bummed since my dad now is no longer optimistic that she'll make it tomorrow. I guess there were more people on the stand by list ranked higher priority than her and he's not sure it's going to be any better tomorrow. He said maybe she'll make it up saturday night but if not, won't come up until next week now. With how optimistic he was, kind of got my hopes up and excited. This is the downside to stand by flying.
I hope she gets on a plane soon!

I totally understand! My step-dad is a pilot for United so my mom flies stand-by, too. It is great when it works out...but it is sometimes such a pain! Especially when the kiddos are all excited to see grandma and then she doesn't get on the plane. Or when she decides she needs to leave on an earlier flight to make sure she gets a seat. Overall, it means that I get to see her more often, but it is usually for super short or unplanned trips. We are pretty flexible though, so it works..and we'll take all the grandma time we can get!
Old 04-26-2012, 09:32 PM   #6
Mamata3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyducky77
Sorry, that sucks. Why does she fly standby?
Old 04-26-2012, 09:39 PM   #7
Mamata3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by srpettitt

I hope she gets on a plane soon!

I totally understand! My step-dad is a pilot for United so my mom flies stand-by, too. It is great when it works out...but it is sometimes such a pain! Especially when the kiddos are all excited to see grandma and then she doesn't get on the plane. Or when she decides she needs to leave on an earlier flight to make sure she gets a seat. Overall, it means that I get to see her more often, but it is usually for super short or unplanned trips. We are pretty flexible though, so it works..and we'll take all the grandma time we can get!
I wish I had family who worked for airlines, I don't get to fly home this next year because it's going to cost to much with me and 4 kids its like $3,000 a ticket!
Old 04-27-2012, 04:07 AM   #8
Mamata3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
What WAhm makes good wipe cubes? Do any of you make your own wipe solution? I need some but there are so many did kind I don't know what one to use.
Old 04-27-2012, 07:50 AM   #9
Mom2G&J
Registered Users

My Mood:

Lucky ducky, it stinks that you're mom didn't make the flight! Hopefully she'll make it soon.

Well I am 28 weeks today and if this baby is like her brother and sister, she'll be here in just about 10 weeks. I'm trying really hard not to count on that though! I'm just praying that she comes out when she's ready.
Old 04-27-2012, 08:12 AM   #10
luckyducky77
Registered Users
seller

She flies standby because my dad used to work for American but when they don't fly on American, her rank level is lower and since American doesn't have a direct flight from Honolulu to Portland, she usually flies on Hawaiian. It's cheaper than just buying a regular ticket. I think this is the first time in a long time that she didn't make this particular flight. I have to remind myself that it was really only luck that she was going possibly make the shower tomorrow anyway and that the shower that was intended for her to be there is the one in May when they get back from Europe. I was upset last night so I sent a message to my dad making sure that they will absolutely make it back in time because I would most definitely be very upset if she missed that one. I'm not sure if they're flying standby to get to and from Europe. They did that to get to and from their cruise in October and had a hard time getting back to Portland then. Who knew there was such demand to get to Portland in the Spring?!? It's still rainy here!

Update - guess my dad decided to just buy her a ticket so she'll definitely be on the flight tonight.

Last edited by luckyducky77; 04-27-2012 at 11:56 AM.
luckyducky77 is offline   Reply With Quote