Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-30-2012, 03:43 PM   #31
mabelinoad
Registered Users
Formerly: Mabelino
seller
seller

My Mood:
Day 4 done! Hanging at St Louis, MO. We planned on hitting the omaha zoo...but it was not on our drive and since dhs work reimbursed drive, they require direct route

We planned it so we have a 6 hour drive tomorrow then a short 2 hours on Wed. So excited to see the house hubby picked out lol. I saw some pictures, but they weren't so great and the house was in total remodel. Hoping it rocks....bcz were there for at least 2 years lol

Advertisement

Old 04-30-2012, 04:22 PM   #32
luckyducky77
Registered Users
seller

Wow! You're getting so close to being there! You'll have to post pics of your new home!

I showed my mom the CD stash. She had never seen prefolds before, which kind of surprised me but i guess that makes sense since I was the last child she cloth diapered...in 1977-79. She recognized the flats though! She was impressed with the designs the covers come in (oh I forgot to show her snappis!) and the pocket OS diapers, hybrids, and AIOs we have. She loves how cute the designs are and kept commenting on them when I was prepping a few that I got since the last prep session. I guess all three of us kids had sensitivities to sposies so she had to limit how long we sat in one. Well, good thing she loves them since she's going to be helping us in the first month with baby! She remembers hanging dry all our diapers. I showed her the origami fold for the flats. She doesn't remember how she folded ours but had used pins to keep them on. Yep, I think she'll be impressed with the snappi!
luckyducky77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 05:46 PM   #33
melyndie
Registered Users
seller

Ugh, I had a mild cold last week, and it's still hanging on. Now it's a cough and extreme exhaustion. This thing is really wearing me out. Thankfully DH had the day off, so he made lunch and took care of DD so I could take a nap. I also realized I was dehydrated, so between napping and guzzling water, I am feeling a bit better!

Midwife appointment tomorrow and a blood draw to check iron. I'm thinking it might be down since I feel so wiped out!
Wife to my supportive DH and WAHM to DD Nora (06/10), DS Emerson (07/12), and baby #5 (due 5/16) and my precious babies in heaven: Bennet (died 8/15 at 12 months) and Lucy (miscarried 7/15).
melyndie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:42 PM   #34
luckyducky77
Registered Users
seller

Re: weekly chat April 26-May 4

yay! Fluff mail today! My back ordered platinum rumparooz arrived today! It's darker than I thought it would be but still nice. Oh and I showed mom the snappi and she was impressed...and laughed that I use my cabbage patch kid to try out diapers.
luckyducky77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 08:11 PM   #35
philenabean
Registered Users

I realize this is TMI, but is anyone else pooping a lot already? I've gone 4-5 times a day for the last week. This baby is low, and I think he's putting a lot of pressure on my bowels. I usually don't get this till the end. I'm ready to stop eating fiber, fruit, and veggies, even though I know I shouldn't... It just hurts so bad!
philenabean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 08:16 PM   #36
melyndie
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by philenabean
I realize this is TMI, but is anyone else pooping a lot already? I've gone 4-5 times a day for the last week. This baby is low, and I think he's putting a lot of pressure on my bowels. I usually don't get this till the end. I'm ready to stop eating fiber, fruit, and veggies, even though I know I shouldn't... It just hurts so bad!
I have! Not that much (2-3x/day) but still more than normal. I thought it was due to this cold, but maybe not!

Total change of subject, but I hired my doula today! Finally! I am so pleased with her; I am sure she is going to be awesome labor support. And she is a licensed massage therapist, which is a huge plus!
Wife to my supportive DH and WAHM to DD Nora (06/10), DS Emerson (07/12), and baby #5 (due 5/16) and my precious babies in heaven: Bennet (died 8/15 at 12 months) and Lucy (miscarried 7/15).
Old 04-30-2012, 08:27 PM   #37
philenabean
Registered Users

Quote:
I have! Not that much (2-3x/day) but still more than normal. I thought it was due to this cold, but maybe not!

Total change of subject, but I hired my doula today! Finally! I am so pleased with her; I am sure she is going to be awesome labor support. And she is a licensed massage therapist, which is a huge plus!
I think it may have to due with the pressure on the bowels, but am not quite sure. That is awesome that you found a doula you're happy with! And an LMT?! Awesome. My friend's first doula was, too, and she definitely needed it with her back labor pains!
philenabean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 08:29 PM   #38
melyndie
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by philenabean

I think it may have to due with the pressure on the bowels, but am not quite sure. That is awesome that you found a doula you're happy with! And an LMT?! Awesome. My friend's first doula was, too, and she definitely needed it with her back labor pains!
Yesssss!!! I had an LMT last time and back labor the whole time, and if my doula hadn't done the double hip squeeze on every one of my contractions, I don't know how I would have survived!
Old 05-01-2012, 08:33 AM   #39
srpettitt
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My 3 year old was playing nicely at the table this morning with her play-doh...and the next thing I know she is over on the carpet smashing a huge chunk of RED play-doh into the carpet. Like stomping on it and squishing it with her foot. Really? Sometimes I wonder where they come up with these things! I tried to google some cleaning suggestions (she really got it in there ) and I've tried rubbing alcohol which did get the majority of it up, but it is definitely still pink....and I'm thinking it might just stay that way.
Old 05-01-2012, 09:53 AM   #40
just1more
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

id let it dry then vacuum it up.