Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-05-2016, 10:48 AM   #1
Dani303
Registered Users
seller

EBF poo stains

With baby #1 I was never able to breastfeed exclusively and stopped around 3 months. Also didn't start cloth with him until 3 months. So never had to deal with either newborn poo, or EBF poo with my son... But we never had any staining with him!

Baby 2 has been EBF and in cloth since 2 weeks. Yay!! She's 2-1/2 months now but we are constantly battling staining. Few questions: 1) Is this normal? 2) will using stain treatments on every diaper wear them out quicker?, 3) best strategy to keep stains at bay? I have Bac-Out, Buncha Farmers, Oxi Clean, and of course the sun!

Advertisement

Last edited by Dani303; 12-05-2016 at 02:23 PM.
Dani303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 11:00 AM   #2
kmrotski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: EBF poo stains

I would just sun them every once in a while. EBF staining is somewhat normal. I used to religiously sun mine to keep them stain free but now I dont really care that much.
kmrotski is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 12:19 PM   #3
greysmama
Registered Users
seller

Normal yes. Some detergents fight it better than others but even with tide I get the occasional ebf staining. Stains don't bother me I will maybe sun once a month during the summer but other than that I don't bother. And yes most stain addictives will take their toll. Hang them damp in the sun and the stains will disappear. If they are darker like toddler poop spray water and lemon juice on them and sun.
greysmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 02:18 PM   #4
Dani303
Registered Users
seller

How long do you leave in the sun? Tried a couple times, and they lightened but didn't disappear. I don't really care about the staining either. It's more for our parents or daycare/babysitters that are already hesitant about cloth. Trying not to give them any more reasons to think it's gross... I only use pockets for when others are watching her, so those are the only ones I really want to keep stain free. Tried fleece liners but they still stain through to the diaper.
Old 12-05-2016, 02:36 PM   #5
kmrotski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The key is to make sure it is wet or damp when you hang it out in the sun. Sometimes Id accidentally leave them out all day but mainly just a couple hours during prime sun time.
kmrotski is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 05:30 PM   #6
Dani303
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmrotski View Post
The key is to make sure it is wet or damp when you hang it out in the sun. Sometimes Id accidentally leave them out all day but mainly just a couple hours during prime sun time.
Ok thanks, I'll try straight out of the wash next time. It hasn't been super sunny/warm lately so probably also not ideal conditions last time I tried.
Old 12-05-2016, 06:16 PM   #7
greysmama
Registered Users
seller

In Colorado it was so dry I had to go out and rewet when I was sunning whites are you in a dry climate?
greysmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 11:24 AM   #8
Dani303
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by greysmama View Post
In Colorado it was so dry I had to go out and rewet when I was sunning whites are you in a dry climate?
Yes, in Colorado! Good to know, thanks!
Old 01-30-2017, 07:41 PM   #9
mabbyjay
Registered Users
seller

I have great luck with buncha farmers and the good old sun like you said. I also want to ask, have you changed detergent? but yes, my EBF poop stains most my diapers too, annoying!
mabbyjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 01:10 PM   #10
Mr.DaddyDiaper
Registered Users
seller

Sun
Mr.DaddyDiaper is offline   Reply With Quote