Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-01-2008, 12:46 PM   #21
aqua_jellybean
Registered Users
seller

Re: "You sure have your hands full"

I get that too, since my kiddos are so close in age. I just smile and say "Sometimes I do". I don't mind as long as they are being nice, if they are being nasty, well that is just plain rude!

Advertisement

Old 05-01-2008, 12:50 PM   #22
joeysmama
Registered Users

I get that comment all the time. I have 6 kids and 4 of them are under 4. I really do not mind it unless it is said rudely. It's actually kind of fun when I'm out with only some of the kids and hear it and then I can say well there's a couple more at home.
Old 05-01-2008, 12:53 PM   #23
mamatutugirls
Registered Users
seller

I have heard this and I only have two. It is true though, I feel as if my hands are full. People are just making small talk and I am guilty of saying it as well. I don't think it is meant to be rude, just pointing out the obvious. It has never bothered me....
Old 05-01-2008, 01:18 PM   #24
mamoo3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryjane View Post
Every time I walk out my front door. I always just say better full than empty. It does get old but I just chalk it up to them needing to say something and not knowing what.
I hear it all the time, I'm going to have to remember the better full than empy comment!
Old 05-01-2008, 07:07 PM   #25
ST13031
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryjane View Post
I always just say better full than empty. It does get old but I just chalk it up to them needing to say something and not knowing what.
That is funny, I am going to start using that as my reponse! Yes I get that everytime I go out too with my 2year old and almost 1 year old.
Old 05-01-2008, 07:09 PM   #26
Proverbs169
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I get it all the time, too. I don't mind it so much. It's better than "what were you thinking?" or, "At least we had the common sense to space our kids out a bit" or "Don't have any more now, y'hear?" ALL of which I have gotten. And I have all of THREE children.

For me I think it's more that they are so close in age (all w/in three years).

IDK if someone has already posted this, but I just respond with, "Better full than empty."
Proverbs169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 07:14 PM   #27
ST13031
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh one time I was loading my kids in the van, coming from the store, and this lady walks by, peers into my van, and says "oh... I feel sorry for YOU!" in not a joking way.. it was kind of shocking!
Old 05-01-2008, 08:43 PM   #28
MommyKrista
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgl View Post
I am so sick and tired of hearing this. Yes, I have a 4 yo, 2 1/2 yo, and 3 month old, but come on, can't people be a little more original? Does any one else get this comment. I have at least one person say this to me every time we go somewhere. You know it is bad when ds says it to me when we are in the store.
I have a 2yo and am expecting baby #2 anytime now. I use to live in the West and I don't think most people would even blink at having two kids two years apart. But out here in the East, I get "How old is he (referring to DS#1)? and then, Oh wow, you are going to have your hands full." DH and I are planning to have a large family so I wonder what they will say when my hands really ARE full!

I'm the oldest of ten and I always thought it was funny when my Mom was out with half of us and got the "Are they all yours?" comment and she would say "Yep, and I have five more at home!!" I loved the reaction that got
Old 05-02-2008, 11:13 AM   #29
myfrugalfunlife
Banned- member requested
seller

Yep, all the time-I have a 3.5 yr old, a 21 month old and am due with number 3 in a few days I just smile and move on. sara
myfrugalfunlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 11:15 AM   #30
ClothDiaperMePlease
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtoalmost3 View Post
Yep, all the time-I have a 3.5 yr old, a 21 month old and am due with number 3 in a few days I just smile and move on.
Same here. It doesn't bug me that much, I smile and say, "on most days, yes I do"
ClothDiaperMePlease is offline   Reply With Quote