Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-02-2013, 12:56 PM   #21
motherhen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Children of different genders sharing a bedroom?

I don't think it matters as long as neither of them is uncomfortable with it. We had two girls first and then boys, so we have always had separate rooms. However, we have always kept an "open door" policy about having opposite sex in each other's rooms. They close doors for dressing, but that is all.

Advertisement

motherhen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 10:48 AM   #22
nonipie
Registered Users
seller
seller

Mine are 6 and 3 and share a room. It never even occurred to us there would be an issue. They will let us know when it is. They bathe together as well. It's a non-issue. As DS1 gets older and needs more privacy we will make sure he gets it. Eventually he will get his own room and DD and DS2 will share. I asked DS1 if he minded and he said no because he was lonely in his room before and now they can be together.

ISO:MM Optimus Prime, MM Time Lord and Supreme Dalek
nonipie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 09:12 PM   #23
ctj101502
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We have friends with 2 bedroom home and their 2 daughter 1 soon have always shared. Daughter are now college aged and he is upper high school. (They got to community college and stay home) they just change in bathroom and he says he would like it if they were brothers but no such luck. He doesn't share with people that he shares with sisters for fear of what people will say. But hey, it works and mom is able to stay home and home schooled them all.
I shared with 2 young brothers till we moved in 3rd grade or I would have longer. Another friend has 4 kiddos 8 and under sharing that are 2 boys and 2 girls. Who cares if people have their own room? I have 3k sq ft home with 5 bedrooms and wee still have 4 boys sharing and my daughter sleeps with them often (baby is with us)
Can't forget my 6 lil blessings!!!
ctj101502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 09:39 AM   #24
mom2kaydncolt
Registered Users
seller

My 6yr old and 4yr old boys share a room with my almost 3yr old daughter. They all have their own beds. My 7yr old just recently moved out of the room but it had nothing to do with me feeling that it was proper for him to be in the same room as my daughter and everything to do with his first born personality and need for his own space. If we stay in this house long term we'll eventually have a boy room, a girl room, and mom and dad's room. If we move to a four bedroom we'd put the girls in a room, the two younger boys in a room and keep my oldest in his own room. Probably. As it stands our daughter will stay in the bedroom with my other two sons for at least another year.
Old 07-01-2013, 06:39 AM   #25
ABCDEFamilyx6
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy24babes View Post
My older 2 6&8 share a room by choice.

I don't think there is a magic age. If when they get bigger and want privacy they can change in the bathroom. No big deal to me.
agreed! I have 4 boys. 1 is 15 and has his own room and the 6,5 and 18month old share a room. We're wanting more! My odds are another boy but if its a girl she will share for a little while as we make "arrangements" in the house.
ABCDEFamilyx6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 07:12 PM   #26
Peanutsmama2b
Registered Users
seller

I enjoyed reading all the answers. Our new home is wonderful, but there aren't that many bedrooms even thought they are large and I was thinking about letting the kids share the larger BR at least through elementary so we can have a guest room for the frequently visiting out of town Gparents.
Peanutsmama2b is offline   Reply With Quote