Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-21-2016, 05:33 PM   #1
Cookecrunchma
Registered Users
seller

Postpartum anxiety

Anyone deal with post partum anxiety. I'm a first time mom, 6 months postpartum. Everything was great until I started back up at work, which was 2 weeks ago. I physically feel ill after being a work a few days. This week has been the worst. Doesn't help I'm in the northwest, it's gloomy all the time. Seeing my boy helps, but it's back to square one the next day. Have an appointment to see a doctor in a week or so. They were booked out. Wanted to know how other moms coped.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Advertisement

Cookecrunchma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 06:48 PM   #2
DreamInGreen
Registered Users
seller

Re: Postpartum anxiety

I'm so sorry mama. This is tough. You can look at your basics- get enough sleep, eat, drink enough water. I think the appt is a great thing. Will you be seeing your OB or your pmd? You could call the opposite one. Ex: your on may we you faster since this is a post partum issue. Do you have a therapist to talk to? Talking it out can help a lot!!

Last edited by DreamInGreen; 01-21-2016 at 06:49 PM.
DreamInGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 10:37 AM   #3
Spunkify
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

What do you feel your anxiety is about? Leaving your son?
Spunkify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 12:23 PM   #4
Cookecrunchma
Registered Users
seller

It's about leaving my son, the responsibilities to keep up on at home, I have a health issue that popped up from a previous shoulder surgery that is causing me to worry about if I wasn't around. My husband recently quit his high paying job to run his own business full time. We rely solely on my income at the moment. He is at year 3 with the business. At work I have to.deal with an employee under me that breaks lots of rules, but I have no control in firing her. She is also a gossip and negitive nancy, so it really gets to me. We share an office.
I work for a government agency, nothing gets done easily or on time, which causes stress. I remember during my maternity leave feeling so relaxed, then I went back to work.

I'd say I'm more anxious about being the sole provider and not having a quick way out of a job I hate. I have been at my job for 12 years, but I think having my son opened my eyes to how stressed it makes me. My husband and I have talked about me quitting and living simple, like renting our house, living on friends property in a big RV for temporary. We have money saved and our only debt is our mortgage. I am looking into things I could do for work at home.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Cookecrunchma is offline   Reply With Quote