Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-26-2014, 08:22 AM   #1
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Share your funny stories about babies and solid foods. :D

The other day, J2 (almost 18 months) was eating fish sticks. I'd cut them into thirds for him so they would be bite size. But I don't know if the kid thinks the food will suddenly go away if he doesn't inhale it, so he grabs fistfuls of them and stuffs them in his mouth. Then he chews a few times, then without swallowing, he adds more bites.

He can usually manage to sort of "dissolve" the food enough so that bits get swallowed every now and then, but with the fish sticks the other day, he was jamming them into his mouth at a faster rate than he was swallowing them. I was watching him, and his mouth was already full. He did do a couple of chewing motions after each additional bite, but not a lot of swallowing. Then he grabbed just *one more* fish stick piece and stuffed it in there. Then he suddenly froze (no more chewing motions) and looked at DH with a very slight bit of panic in his eyes, sort of like, "Uh, help? This isn't what I had planned and now I can't figure out how to fix it." DH took out that one last extra bite and then J2 started chewing and swallowing again and finished up his food.

Advertisement

Harmony96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 06:08 PM   #2
aswego
Registered Users
seller

Re: Share your funny stories about babies and solid foods. :D

lol, I guess he knew his limit!!! My lo (8 months) eats like a jellyfish. She sucks her right thumb, uses her left hand to give food to her right thumb-sucking hand, and moves the food with her fingers to her mouth. It is strange and hilarious!!
aswego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 12:05 PM   #3
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

He still stuffs his mouth to the brim but now has the skills to spit it out himself instead of getting stuck like he did that one time, lol.
Old 10-22-2014, 01:09 PM   #4
LilBubbaDuck
Registered Users
seller

If there's something 13 month old DD wants she'll come up and just take it right out of your hand if you're eating it. She stuck her head in a potato chip bag the other day. She's definitely not shy about food.
LilBubbaDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 01:16 PM   #5
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Josiah's almost 22 months now and I've been giving the kids oatmeal for breakfast a few times this week. He uses a spoon sometimes, and turns it into finger food at other times, lol. It's so entertaining to watch a toddler eat.
Old 10-22-2014, 01:21 PM   #6
LilBubbaDuck
Registered Users
seller

Lilly only has 2 teeth but I swear she can eat anything except chewy meats. I've yet to give her anything she couldn't or wouldn't eat.
LilBubbaDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 02:59 PM   #7
Agla
Super Admin We can do it!
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I was in no rush to start solids with my first born. I was super careful/cautious about EVERYTHING. I was all about the breastfeeding. We were at a diner and he reached over and stuffed a piece of bacon in his mouth. That was his first solid food.
Old 11-09-2016, 10:00 AM   #8
lovinits
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I was very slow in introducing solids to my sons diet. He was EBF and very happy with it. However at about eight months of age he started reaching for my food and wanting everything I ate. He would not eat any of the baby food I prepared for him, loved eating off my plate. One day I was eating a sandwich that had horseradish on it. He would not leave me alone and kept grabbing for it and was getting mad that I wouldn't give him any. I decided fine I'll give Him a bite, he won't like it, and he'll stop asking for it. He put a small bite in his mouth started chewing and made the funniest face I have ever seen in my life. Then he started wiping at his tongue and laughing!!! Then asked for more!!! It was hilarious and I wish I had it on video tape!
lovinits is offline   Reply With Quote