Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-09-2016, 02:27 PM   #1
Hoping2BaMomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Nursing and supplementing

I'm nursing my 9 month old and has had only had Breastmilk however I don't pump enough when I go to work. He's fine on the weekends when I can nurse him. So I'm going to have to get formula for him to have a few formula bottles along with the breastmilk. Any suggestions on what formula I should try for 9 month old? He's eating some solids but not much. Doing baby led weaning.

Advertisement

Old 01-22-2016, 06:04 AM   #2
joyfulgirl_3
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Nursing and supplementing

I pumped exclusively until 10 months at which point I was prescribed an antibiotic contraindicated to nursing. Now, I would have asked for a different type but wasn't as aware then. I was told to pump and dump for 2 weeks by my doctor. My son's doctor told me if there was no history of allergies in the family he could actually go to whole milk at 10 months. We had already introduced yogurt.

Might want to check with your ped if that is an option you'd like to pursue since it wouldn't be all whole milk/he'd still get breast milk.

Since basically everything in my pregnancy and first year went wrong, I decided not to try whole milk.

This was 11 years ago, and I just used Similac which now has organic and the regular blue top can also has non GMO option.

This brand is popular on other lists if frequent.
http://www.hipp.com/
joyfulgirl_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 06:25 AM   #3
Alfresco5
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Nursing and supplementing

I mostly BF, but have to suppliment some because I work/pump and DS eats sooooooo much (he's a big boy at 17lb and 26" at 16wks), and drinks about 40oz a day. He has a milk allergy so I can't eat dairy and we have to use formula where the protein is broken down for easier digestion. We end up only supplimenting 4-8oz per day, so the cost isn't really that much considering it's the "good stuff". We've been using Similac's Alimentum and it does the job. It had great reviews. If you don't need the broken down protein, they also make a regular, non-GMO version that's cheaper and has great reviews too.
Alfresco5 is offline   Reply With Quote