Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-07-2014, 07:05 PM   #21
Marrvelous
Registered Users
seller

Re: Mixed emotions about our switch to formula

I am in the same boat. DD lost an entire lb in the hospital (over 12% of her weight.) We had to supplement to get her weight up. Tried to just BF again, and she dropped. I still try to do a little breastfeeding to get her the antibodies she needs, but it isn't happening. Even more frustrating because she is sensitive to several foods (cow milk, soy, tomatoes, anything acidic...) So I have to make her formula with a goat milk recipe the midwife found AND am still avoiding the yummy side of life.

Do what your LO needs to grow and thrive. It is OK to not BF. Just make sure LO is getting all her vitamins and nutrients.

Advertisement

Marrvelous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 07:21 PM   #22
joyfulgirl_3
Registered Users

My Mood:

I also wanted to nurse my son and after a series of crazy events...one after the other...the not being able to nurse was the tipping point to a crazy time in our life....On edge, upset, etc. Just one more page in what was NOT what I planned for my birth/child....and I didn't deal well.

I read a post in another blog about how she should be grateful to be able to formula feed...that babies in the world still die due to starvation. That kind of clicked in my head. I was still sad...but it was a different sadness.

I regret not enjoying my son's first year more.

There may even be support groups for those not able to nurse (especially in communities where formula is looked upon as evil chemicals instead of life sustaining food)

Good luck!
joyfulgirl_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 12:17 PM   #23
Emmajane13719
Registered Users
seller

I had breast reduction surgery and had very little milk. I was bummed that I couldn't nurse but am lucky to have had donor milk all this time. It's looking like we'll need to switch to formula soon though, he's growing so fast!
Emmajane13719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 08:07 PM   #24
kawaii_momma
Registered Users

My Mood:

Same thing happened to me. My LO was losing weight and it was because of a lip and tongue tie so BF didn't work for her. We switched to formula and now she is growing like a weed and is super healthy, but I feel the guilt for not being able to BF every single day. Push through momma, you'll be ok!
kawaii_momma is offline   Reply With Quote