Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-09-2013, 08:31 PM   #111
Andbabymakes2
Registered Users
seller

I don't get the night munchies but even if I did I am too lazy to walk downstairs lol. Plus our stairs are squeaky! I was never this tired with my other three. And I was working full time with #1, pt w/#2, and ft daycare + pt nights/wknds w/ #3. BUT I am 38 now so I'm sure that has something to do with it. I do think that I'll do better with spring/summer approaching though.

Advertisement

Old 03-10-2013, 10:57 AM   #112
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Weekly Chat: March 3rd - 9th

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieB621 View Post
I'm extremely tired during this pregnancy. Not sure if it is because I've got two kiddos that are that close in age AND pg, or if it has something to do with this heart mess that the dr. thinks I might have. Could be both. I just don't remember being this tired, this far into either one of my other pregnancies. kwim?
I am sorry you have been tired! I hope that it is just having the kiddies and nothing to worry about. If it makes you feel better I have just one kid and I am tireder (is that word??) with this baby. However I think it is more to do with the fact that I am afraid of doing ANYTHING to upset my apple cart. So that often means I am sitting or sedentary.

Quote:
btw...is anyone else waking up in the middle of the night starving at times? I've had to get up twice this week in the middle of the night and graze in the kitchen. Couldn't sleep unless food was in my stomach.
I have never experianced this symptom. I haven't got it yet but hey, you never know!

AFM - DH has a writing test to do today so I am going to be off the computer for the rest of the day. Yesterday he did our taxes and that was FUN! We spent nearly $15K on medical expenses (not including premiums)! Only $2500 was reimbursed too. What I found facinating though is even with the unusual amount of medical expenses, and DH's salary going down, we are still getting back almost $1000 less in our refund (federal). At least NJ refund is double last year. I am really looking forward to seeing what our medical expenses are for this year! Especially with $17 parking every time I see the OB! Oh and I have a $1 toll to get there too! You just got to love the NE with our fees!
Old 03-10-2013, 11:46 AM   #113
stevensmom
Administrator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

wow! that's a lot of fees!

I asked DH if we were going to do the FLEX spending account this year or not. We did it one year and we actually lost out on money Because we didn't have enough to spend. I was pregnant when we signed up for it but lost the baby.

I still need to sit down and do our taxes. I need a nice quite time to work on them.

Maybe I can convince DH to take DS and DD to the RV show (instead of all of us) so I can do them...think that will fly?
BabyBoyBlueBoutique
stevensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 11:51 AM   #114
KatieB621
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We just take our junk to our accountant and he handles the rest. We didn't get our stuff to him, though, until sometime last week. He'll call this week and want us to meet him to sign the tax forms and look over everything. We like having an accountant do ours just in case we were to ever be audited by the IRS, then the accountant would have to take care of most of the work then.

DD woke up in the middle of the night, so no church for us this morning. She acts fine now, although my daily headache has started and it's a doosy today!
Old 03-10-2013, 12:05 PM   #115
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevensmom View Post
wow! that's a lot of fees!

I asked DH if we were going to do the FLEX spending account this year or not. We did it one year and we actually lost out on money Because we didn't have enough to spend. I was pregnant when we signed up for it but lost the baby.

I still need to sit down and do our taxes. I need a nice quite time to work on them.

Maybe I can convince DH to take DS and DD to the RV show (instead of all of us) so I can do them...think that will fly?
It wasn't all fees. It was co-pays, deductibles, then 3 embryo transfers at $1600 a pop, then meds (we pay about half after our deductible is met), then a few parking (didn't get all of these ) and milage. Last year I think I traveled 1200 miles going just to the doctor! Yeah! Insane! Our insurance stinks! We didn't pay this much when I had chemo and radiation! But we had better insurance then.

I would LOVE to go to an RV show! I would be all over that! Though right now I think I would need to have a scooter as I don't think I could walk all over the expo center in my current condition. I assume that is where it is at. That is where they were normally when I was living out there.

Quote:
We just take our junk to our accountant and he handles the rest. We didn't get our stuff to him, though, until sometime last week. He'll call this week and want us to meet him to sign the tax forms and look over everything. We like having an accountant do ours just in case we were to ever be audited by the IRS, then the accountant would have to take care of most of the work then.

DD woke up in the middle of the night, so no church for us this morning. She acts fine now, although my daily headache has started and it's a doosy today!
Surprisingly to me even with that much in medical expenses, we were told by Turbo Tax that we are low risk for an audit.

I am sorry your DD woke up ill. I glad she is feeling better though! I hope your headache goes away soon!

AFM - I have to share this because we were talking about MIL's this week. My MIL said to DH last night that because he was laid off for 7 months in 2011, that employers would look at that and think he was in rehab! Seriously, unemployment is still insane and every member of my family has felt this recession in some way, and she thinks that employers will think that because he was out of work for 7 months that he was in rehab?? I told DH I wonder where they think BIL has been since he has had 4 jobs since he graduated college in 2005 and none of them he has had for any real length of time. YEP! It is official! My MIL deserves the mother of the year award!

Okay DH needs the computer now so off I go!
Old 03-10-2013, 12:08 PM   #116
stevensmom
Administrator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

yep it's at the expo....but it's not in all 4 buildings...at least I don't think it is.
BabyBoyBlueBoutique
stevensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 01:15 PM   #117
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
The risk of an average person being audited is pretty low. Businesses are much more likely to get audited than individuals. Also, you have to remember that medical expenses don't get deducted dollar for dollar. We have had a lot of medical expenses the past few years and very little ended up coming off our tax bill.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 03:33 PM   #118
Tris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Missed that we're on a new week!

Last edited by Tris; 03-10-2013 at 06:49 PM.
Tris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 07:30 AM   #119
blessedwifenmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

New thread!