Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-24-2007, 08:54 PM   #21
Shawnah
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Re: Can I use Dawn with HE FL? Any "natural" HE detergents?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamberlyRN View Post
I also think Country Save is the best option for FL. I think we've tried it all and settled on that. Allen's didn't eliminate the poopy diaper smell, Tide HE leaves WELTS on my poor little guy, Sportwash is okay but I don't like the scent, Dawn = stink and never ending suds, vinegar = stink. I had been using 1/2 scoop powder and I was having some leaks so just stripped - I think I was using too much.
Good luck!
This is great to read!! We are getting our LG front loader this weekend and I love country save.. I really didn't want to have to switch

Advertisement

Old 10-24-2007, 09:48 PM   #22
sadieavc
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Allen's Naturally?

Others:
Country Save
Kirkland Free HE
The big bucket of stuff from Costco (never used but I know a lot of folks love it)
Simple green & washing soda

hmmm that is all I can think of right now
sadieavc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 11:06 PM   #23
brighteyes mom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I also have a maytag neptune FL and have been using planet, seems to work well most the time but sometimes there is a residual BF poo smell... I've only been using about 1/2 to 3/4 inch in the cup- too little? I also have tried dawn and it also seems to work but is really sudzy- I didn't realize that was bad for a FL... Where do you find this Country Save???
Old 10-24-2007, 11:20 PM   #24
SunflowerMommy
Registered Users

My Mood:

There's a natural detergent for front loaders called ECO. They sell it at Costco here in Canada (probably do in the US as well) and I recently saw it in Trader Joe's in the US. It worked great on our dipes.
Old 10-24-2007, 11:41 PM   #25
e_mom_e
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

This is all I do and my diapers are PERFECT, no stains, no stink, and fluffy and soft...

cold wash (on the heavy wash load level) with scoop of Charlie's soap (sometimes just a smidge more), extra rinse cycle (I have a setting for this), vinegar in the rinse cycle and that is IT!!

Also I spray the poopy dipes (after dumping poop into toilet first) with bacout and toss into the dry pail until wash day. The bacout is truly amazing!!!!

My water is on the hardish side, not majorly hard though, I think it's somewhere in the middle.
Old 10-25-2007, 09:17 AM   #26
sahminaz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Country Save rocks! I love that stuff. we have tried mountain green, 7th generation, biokleen and a few others and by far country save is the best. For household laundry we were using 7th generation lavender HE but man it is expensive and didnt clean all that well. Now we use country save with a few drops of lavender and it is the best. One box last us 2 months exactly for all household and diaper laundry. I love the naturalness of the product, the through cleaning, rinses clean, no icky additives and the price is nice!
sahminaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 09:21 AM   #27
hookitup
Banned
seller

My Mood:

http://www.etsy.com/shop_sold.php?user_id=5006270

I found this stuff on Etsy, maybe its good for diapers.... One day I will buy some and check it out She doesnt have any instock right now, but I am sure if you send her a message she would whip some up for ya
hookitup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 09:43 AM   #28
MamaJoyful
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

WOWSER! You've all given me hope again!

I am going to try these and see if I can find some love for my Maytag Neptune. We have really been a rocky couple ever since I got her. Maybe there is hope for us.

Thank you soooooo much! I will definitely update if I ever find a happy wash routine.
Old 11-16-2007, 02:00 PM   #29
aprilshowers
Registered Users

Can you really use Simple Green + washing soda in a FL? How do you put it in the machine (I'm a total FL newbie!). We just moved and are about to buy an FL and I was wondering if I could stick to my old routine or if I needed to find a new detergent. I'll check out some of these other suggestions too but would love to at least use up the SF + WS we currently have!

TIA!
aprilshowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 03:26 PM   #30
MamaJoyful
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have heard of people doing it. But I would personally recommend Country Save. I did end up getting some and it is working great. But, I will also say that I did end up also getting a TOP LOADER! Whoo Hoo! After years of the Neptune my wash routine is finally simple again! Sadly, I don't think that I could have found a good wash routine with the Neptune unless I used only prefolds and PUL or wool covers. I really wanted to use pockets, so I am super happy to have a top loader to wash diaper with. I got it on Craig's list.

I use 1T Country Save with soft water in a top loader and they get clean. I just do a quick cold rinse, standing there until the water empties, then I do a cold wash with 1T Country Save, and then a hot wash with nothing, using the extra rinse button. They're clean!!!

Best wishes to you. I hope you find something that works for you. To add the WS and SG, just add the powdered WS to warm water and then add the simple green, and then turn it back to whatever water setting you were planning to use. I would think it would be best to make sure it dissolves in warm, you know? You know how to use the detergent thingy with a FL, right? You don't put it in the washing basin, but there is a place specifically for adding the detergent. For my Neptune it's on the top.