Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-31-2011, 08:51 PM   #21
mikerenea55
Registered Users
seller

Re: Guess i'll be the first...

I know how you feel. I'm sure your daughter is happy and knows her mama cares for her, it will get better, and you have a community of support here!

Advertisement

mikerenea55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 09:02 PM   #22
PoshPants
Registered
seller

My Mood:

things any better?
Old 01-01-2012, 07:40 AM   #23
Beaners_Mom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoshPants
things any better?
It comes and goes, better for the mist part. We're both healthy and she's so smart, so I'm extremely thankful for that.

My job is still my job, so I'm thankful I have that. It doesn't make me rich, but it allows me to pay my bills and have a little leftover for whatever we want sometimes.

I'm a little stressed now because his unemployment runs out soon (that's how he pays child support when he pays it) so i'm not sure what will happen after that. I was planning on using my taxes to buy a car, but I don't want to wipe out my savings to buy a car and have nothing to fall back on...there's not much in there now, barely anything...but it's something you know.

My DD turns 4 soon, so we've been excited about that. It's amazing to see what she started out as and now she's this awesome little version of me. She's doing wonderful in school, the teachers tell me how smart she is & what a joy she is to be around.

I'm not seeing anyone still & I'm okay with that (for the moment haha). There was a guy that tried to set up a couple of dates with me but he was too flakey for my liking, so I just didn't go with it....like he set up a date, then wen I texted him to confirm the date time 4 hours before the date (we never set a for sure time) he said he had to work & I didn't hear from him for almost a week..so I agreed to the following week (I only have a kid free night once a week) and he set up a date and then nothing...he didn't show up. So I just ignored his texts when he sent them to me.

But it's a new year & I'm feeling good about this year. :-)
Old 01-04-2012, 04:09 PM   #24
TrennaII
Registered Users
seller

You know, that's not so much a pity party as an honest summation of your situation.

I'm very blessed in that I'm an atypically well supported single mom, but still it can be very lonely and isolating. I have often felt like nobody has my back. I'm in a new relationship that is another deep blessing, and the other day after he helped me move I almost cried on him when I told him, it feels so weird to be taken care of.

Don't be too hard on yourself for noticing that it's difficult. It's clear that you are also noticing that it's worth it.
Old 01-20-2012, 09:24 PM   #25
EveryDayIsANewDay
Registered Users
Formerly: Stacey***ke3
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaners_Mom View Post
It comes and goes, better for the mist part. We're both healthy and she's so smart, so I'm extremely thankful for that.

My job is still my job, so I'm thankful I have that. It doesn't make me rich, but it allows me to pay my bills and have a little leftover for whatever we want sometimes.

I'm a little stressed now because his unemployment runs out soon (that's how he pays child support when he pays it) so i'm not sure what will happen after that. I was planning on using my taxes to buy a car, but I don't want to wipe out my savings to buy a car and have nothing to fall back on...there's not much in there now, barely anything...but it's something you know.

My DD turns 4 soon, so we've been excited about that. It's amazing to see what she started out as and now she's this awesome little version of me. She's doing wonderful in school, the teachers tell me how smart she is & what a joy she is to be around.

I'm not seeing anyone still & I'm okay with that (for the moment haha). There was a guy that tried to set up a couple of dates with me but he was too flakey for my liking, so I just didn't go with it....like he set up a date, then wen I texted him to confirm the date time 4 hours before the date (we never set a for sure time) he said he had to work & I didn't hear from him for almost a week..so I agreed to the following week (I only have a kid free night once a week) and he set up a date and then nothing...he didn't show up. So I just ignored his texts when he sent them to me.

But it's a new year & I'm feeling good about this year. :-)

I too feel this will be a good year! You and me both. Keep on chugging along, one day you will look back and see how strong and resilient you are!! I just lost child support (never thought that would happen when I left my marriage) and have no idea when I will receive anything from the ex.
EveryDayIsANewDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 04:01 PM   #26
alix65
Registered
seller

Coming from a mom who has been doing this for a while with a difficult ex, first find a way to save some money. Cut cable off, downgrade you phone service, sell everything she outgrows. My grandmother lived through the great depression and she taught me to pack my lunch to work.
Don't expect help from your ex. Yes you should get it, but seems like unless it's court ordered it won't really happen.
My ex does the bare minimum too. My kids come back dirty, hair all matted. It's hard to see I understand. We want the most for our children and when their other parent can't even take care of them, well it gets frustrating. My kids are a bit older than yours I think. Anyway my 7 year old knows what days of the week he needs to shower. He reminds my ex. It will get easier.
alix65 is offline   Reply With Quote