Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 02-17-2014, 12:35 AM   #41
Registered Users
Re: afraid to be a single mom

Originally Posted by alyxmegan View Post
I haven't posted in a while because i feel looked down upon by some people here.
I have posted before thay SO and i have issues. He was smoking weed a lot while i was pregnant and wasnt working. He was also lying about it. When ds was born so said he was quitting but in fact he was still smoking. He still has no job and isn't even trying as far as i can tell. I am working 2 jobs and when I'm home i take care of ds. I also take him to work with me. My money goes missing all the time. So is angry and mean sometimes on the verge of scary.. i don't wanna stay but i am afraid of being a single mom. I dont want my son to resent me for leaving... i need words of support. I'm so lost
My mother broke it off with an abusive husband when I was about 10. Best thing she ever did, both for herself and her children.

Based on what you have written, it sounds like being a single mom will be much easier than your current situation.

MarieNV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 06:05 PM   #42
Registered Users
Re: afraid to be a single mom

I agree with the ladies above. You CAN do it and it's what's best for you and baby! I left mine when my son was 4 months. He's now 2 and a half. Were doing great! I don't get child support or anything and I work two jobs that I can take him with me to also. If I said it was easy id be lying. But it's so worth it!! So much happier and less stressful then worry about a partner that acts like a teenager!! Or worse. Prayers for you and your child!! You'll do what's best!
btroutman3831 is offline   Reply With Quote