Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-05-2010, 04:07 PM   #1
Danielle~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Belly is a hard ball

Ok this is my 4th pregnancy and I really hate going to l&d for everything but for the last hour my belly has just been one hard ball and I am trying everything I can to either move the baby or relieve the pain and nothing is working. It feels like a big gas cramp. Baby has not been active much at all today but when I do eat something cold or sweet and lay on my side she does move so I am not overly concerned she is not moving like normal. I am 30w and I have never had this happen. I am thinking a trip to l&d but if this has happened to anyone I would like to hear about it. Thanks

Advertisement

Old 07-05-2010, 04:51 PM   #2
LunaBirch
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Belly is a hard ball

Honestly, if its painful I would go in. It sounds like a VERY long contraction and that can be a sign of placental abruption.

Not to scare you, but Ive been through it twice, and with my first baby, it took them awhile to figure out the issue. I went in with bleeding and contractions and they said preterm labor (I was 35 weeks). They wanted to send me home but I didnt feel comfortable so they agreed to observe overnight. Well the next morning as they were preparing to discharge me I started bleeding again (lightly) and had a painful 'contraction' that lasted 15 minutes. Turns out it was in fact a partial abruption and they broke my water and delivered him 4 hours later.

I also had a partial abruption which lead to them breaking my water and delivering my 3rd baby at 32 weeks.

Depending on the location of the placenta and the abruption, vaginal bleeding (while common) isnt always present. A severe abruption can be life threatening to both mom and baby. So defintiely get it checked out and keep us posted.
LunaBirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 05:36 PM   #3
Danielle~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I finally got her to move but now I am having bh alot so I am heading to l&d thanks for your reply
Old 07-05-2010, 07:24 PM   #4
wordmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Good luck mama - let us know how you are!
Check out my blog, focusing on the wisdom of wee ones.
wordmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 07:26 PM   #5
BabyD'sMommy
Registered Users
seller

Hope everything is okay mama! Keep us posted!
Old 07-05-2010, 09:26 PM   #6
mevans
Registered Users
seller
seller

Good luck!! Keep us posted, I hope everything is fine!
Michelle wifey to Justin, homeschooling SAHM to Kerilynn 3/28/04, Hunter 8/4/06, baby girl Piperann Meadow born 7/19/2011 at 40w5d, and our Great Dane Jess & missing Finley Jonas 7/27/10 ISO: size large Bummis Super Brite covers
mevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 09:52 PM   #7
ashtonsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

good luck!!!
Old 07-05-2010, 09:59 PM   #8
Preggo
Registered Users

My Mood:

good luck!

I had that my whole pregnancy, and was diagnosed with irritable uterus. It was way worse after DTDing or walking around. I was on restricted activity from 14 weeks on.

Preggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 09:41 AM   #9
Danielle~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well everything is fine. I was contracting some not alot because of the way she was moviing. She was irritating my uterus. I also can not have a full bladder at all because that can also cause you to get contractions. I just need to take it easy and drink plenty of fluids and if it happens again not to wait just go straight in. Thanks Ladies