Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-31-2008, 09:15 PM   #1
kateri25
Registered Users

My Mood:
breast issues

this may be TMI but with pregnancy I tend to have VERY prominate nipples. As in they are always at attention like when cold. I am finding this to be mildly embarassing (I am already in a nursing bra as those are the only ones I fit and I am quickly growing out of those). Should I get nursing pads to avoid this embarassment? What do you do to avoid this? I live in TX and even in this heat I have this going on OUTSIDE. Hubby does not mind however he does not like me showing it off either. Advice please and I will take spam on the nursing pads if it is agreed to be the best solution for me.

Advertisement

Old 05-31-2008, 09:48 PM   #2
breakfastsurreal
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: breast issues

i have the same thing! I just wear padded bras.
breakfastsurreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 05:06 AM   #3
mommymilk
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I too, have the same issue, and have just tried to deal with it. My belly button sticks way out now, so people are more drawn to look at that!

I think nursing pads are much more visible. Like PP said, try a padded bra. Or one with lining. Then you don't have to worry about a big giant circle around your breast from the breast pad!
mommymilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 07:55 AM   #4
Katherine
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Yeah, go with a lined/padded bra. I have the same problem, but I am also leaking constantly, so I need the pads, too, and all that tends to push the nips back into my b00bs, which HURTS.

my dh really doesn't see the problem with the prominent nips, either.
Katherine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 07:59 AM   #5
mcbruhn
Registered Users

Quote:
my dh really doesn't see the problem with the prominent nips, either.
Funny, isn't it, that the guys really get into the "crazy expanding ****o boobs"
(as my one cousin calls them)! Especially when they're often too tender to play with!
Old 06-01-2008, 11:28 AM   #6
kateri25
Registered Users

My Mood:

I would attempt to get a padded bra but it is hard to find 38Hs with padding. At that since I am getting something that big it is going to be a nursing bra and well I go to the speciality shops due to my size not often being carried by Motherhood Maternity. And well I am about an hour and a half away from one of those right now (hence why I am still in a smaller bra at 36G.) Padding at this point only makes my now ****oesk boobs more ****ish.
Old 06-01-2008, 12:31 PM   #7
Manna00
Pinchin' pennies 'til they scream
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

One of my friends here has that same issue. She always puts bandaids on over. Ouch. But effective!
Manna00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 02:00 PM   #8
kateri25
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manna00 View Post
One of my friends here has that same issue. She always puts bandaids on over. Ouch. But effective!
what a good cheap solution. I am totally up for that.
Old 06-01-2008, 03:12 PM   #9
abbi77
Registered Users

My Mood:

Owie to the bandaids. I have the same issue, and either use a padded/lined bra (I still have 1 that fits, lol) or use pads if I'm wearing a shirt thin enough to tell.
Old 06-01-2008, 04:21 PM   #10
mcbruhn
Registered Users

You mentioned that you don't have the greatest luck with Motherhood Maternity. Have you tried the JC Penney online store? Especially their online outlet has some GREAT maternity deals. Sometimes hit and miss, but a great resource. And their sizing is compatible with Motherhood Maternity, so you can pretty much count on things fitting. That said, I've never bought a bra from them.