Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2007, 08:33 PM   #1
myall4him2's Avatar
myall4him2
Loving Touch Wet Bags
sitesupporter
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Georgia
Posts: 17,231
My Mood:
Episiotomy question

I tore a little in the front while birthing Jonah and they had to stitch me up a little bit. It's been 10 days since I had him and it's starting to itch a little bit down there.

Is that normal? Is it part of the healing process? or should I get it looked at?
__________________

myall4him2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 08:37 PM   #2
Bunny's Avatar
Bunny
Be strong little marshmallow.
Formerly: s**e**h
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Seattle's backyard
Posts: 3,457
Re: Episiotomy question

Stitches itch a bit when they heal. Are you still using the squirt bottle to rinse off after you go to the bathroom?
Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 08:38 PM   #3
myall4him2's Avatar
myall4him2
Loving Touch Wet Bags
sitesupporter
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Georgia
Posts: 17,231
My Mood:
Re: Episiotomy question

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharlaelizabeth View Post
Stitches itch a bit when they heal. Are you still using the squirt bottle to rinse off after you go to the bathroom?
no...I wasn't told to use one. They just said to pat dry inside of wiping...
__________________

myall4him2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 08:40 PM   #4
Cujo
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 557
My Mood:
Re: Episiotomy question

I've itched with both of mine. It just means that it's healing. Keep it clean, and you should be fine.
Cujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 08:44 PM   #5
Bunny's Avatar
Bunny
Be strong little marshmallow.
Formerly: s**e**h
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Seattle's backyard
Posts: 3,457
Re: Episiotomy question

Quote:
Originally Posted by myall4him2 View Post
no...I wasn't told to use one. They just said to pat dry inside of wiping...
Oh, ok. I was sent home with a little squirt bottle and told to rinse first, then pat dry. If they used the stitches that your body absorbs I think that takes about 2 weeks so you are getting close. Is it just a little itch? Have you had a UTI or yeast infection before?
Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 08:52 PM   #6
myall4him2's Avatar
myall4him2
Loving Touch Wet Bags
sitesupporter
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Georgia
Posts: 17,231
My Mood:
Re: Episiotomy question

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharlaelizabeth View Post
Oh, ok. I was sent home with a little squirt bottle and told to rinse first, then pat dry. If they used the stitches that your body absorbs I think that takes about 2 weeks so you are getting close. Is it just a little itch? Have you had a UTI or yeast infection before?
It definately doesn't feel like a UTI or yeast infection...it just itches a little. Maybe I'll go to walmart and try to find a squirt bottle...
__________________

myall4him2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 08:54 PM   #7
Bunny's Avatar
Bunny
Be strong little marshmallow.
Formerly: s**e**h
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Seattle's backyard
Posts: 3,457
Re: Episiotomy question

Quote:
Originally Posted by myall4him2 View Post
It definately doesn't feel like a UTI or yeast infection...it just itches a little. Maybe I'll go to walmart and try to find a squirt bottle...
Use warm water. It doesn't feel very good if it's cold. It should be over soon.
Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2018 VIX-WomensForum LLC. All Rights Reserved.