Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-08-2014, 06:38 PM   #21
somamama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Have you started your stash?

I finally got out in the garage to see what I have because I keep wanting to buy things on FSOT.

Keeping in mind DS was over 9# and couldn't wear NB sizes for very long, I'm not sure what exactly I need. I have tons more that is OS so I'm afraid to get too many small and NB sizes. I need to destash quite a bit - I have so many pockets and eventually got sick of stuffing.

Here is what I have for NB/small:
9 no-name cotton fitteds (need snappi)
2 Tykie Diapers fitteds with snaps and snap in absorber
1 Little Beetle snap hemp fitted with absorber
2 BG velcro bamboo fitteds
1 Organic Caboose snap fitted (hemp? bamboo? wool??)
1 Organic Caboose cover (no PUL inside but is def waterproof - what is this??)
1 Little Beetle wool cover
1 WAHM wool shorty
3 Prowrap covers
3 Thirsties size 1 covers
2 Dappi covers
2 Totsbots OS AIO (these seem small so I'm counting them with this)
1 Osocozy small AIO

What stands out as missing? I'll be doing laundry every other day. I guess I basically have 15 diapers, 11 covers and 3 AIOs. Probably need more diapers, eh?

Advertisement

and our 3 furbabies (2 dogs & a cat). #2 due in 11/14! Loving life in beautiful Los Angeles.
somamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 08:15 AM   #22
mollypeters
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by somamama View Post
I finally got out in the garage to see what I have because I keep wanting to buy things on FSOT.

Keeping in mind DS was over 9# and couldn't wear NB sizes for very long, I'm not sure what exactly I need. I have tons more that is OS so I'm afraid to get too many small and NB sizes. I need to destash quite a bit - I have so many pockets and eventually got sick of stuffing.

Here is what I have for NB/small:
9 no-name cotton fitteds (need snappi)
2 Tykie Diapers fitteds with snaps and snap in absorber
1 Little Beetle snap hemp fitted with absorber
2 BG velcro bamboo fitteds
1 Organic Caboose snap fitted (hemp? bamboo? wool??)
1 Organic Caboose cover (no PUL inside but is def waterproof - what is this??)
1 Little Beetle wool cover
1 WAHM wool shorty
3 Prowrap covers
3 Thirsties size 1 covers
2 Dappi covers
2 Totsbots OS AIO (these seem small so I'm counting them with this)
1 Osocozy small AIO

What stands out as missing? I'll be doing laundry every other day. I guess I basically have 15 diapers, 11 covers and 3 AIOs. Probably need more diapers, eh?

definitely want some more dipes if ur gonna wash every other day. has anyone ever used all of one kind of diaper in just one brand. i was admiring my completed nb stash this am, but then i thot of something....what if i don't like them or they don't work well for us?! i suppose i could get some covers and use the existing flats and pfs, but then i've wasted tons of time and money stashing these nb aios. do os covers sound okay for a nb that we expect to be between 8 and 9 lbs? here i go overthinking diapers again.....
mollypeters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 08:27 AM   #23
somamama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My DS was 9.25 lbs and he could only fit into his adorable Lil Joey AIOs for about a week or so and then we went straight to OS. Mostly Rumparooz and BG 4.0s. What weight range do they list on the Imagine NB AIOs? I'm sure they'll work awesome for at least a little bit, don't stress. If I were you I wouldn't spend any more money on NB size because it's so short. If the Imagines aren't working at all then you could do existing flats and PFs and grab some size 1 Thirsties or something pretty quick off FSOT. I'd personally want something that would go longer than just NB.

That's kind of my issue now with needing more diapers. I don't want to get a bunch more NB size. I have a ton of Flips inserts (stay dry and hemp), various hemp inserts etc that I used before. I wonder how they would look on a NB. Probably ridiculous, right? I have 2 (maybe 4?) Econobum prefolds - would those work on a NB? I think I should get some more PFs or flats to span the gap between NB and OS.

What's your preference on PF or flats? I didn't use either last time.
and our 3 furbabies (2 dogs & a cat). #2 due in 11/14! Loving life in beautiful Los Angeles.
Old 08-09-2014, 08:56 AM   #24
mollypeters
Registered Users
seller
seller

i've used and like both, but i really like flats because they're so versatile. i like the origami fold the best, but i've found it hard to fit on my nbs and young infants, which is why i got the pfs. i've been buying from nickis just because they're (kinda) local to me, and i can get my order the next day. i'm thinking about just stashing some os covers from there and making some sized and gender specific covers after the baby s born. i really don't want to buy any more nb stuff. actually, i'd like to hold off on getting any more diapering stuff until the baby gets here just because we're on team green, so i've been stashing both genders, but if i can grab some covers (gn), then that should hold us over if the nb aios don't work out, ykwim?
idk anything about the flip and econobum lines, so i can't say for sure if they'd work for a nb, but nb pfs should work for stuffing, and you could still use them afterwards for boosting absorbancy
mollypeters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 11:00 AM   #25
somamama
Registered Users
seller
seller

I just went back through my stash (why do I have so many diapers!! And of course I don't think any of them are cute enough this time around) and I found a bunch of things that will probably work as stuffings under all my covers.

1 more fitted (WAHM Teddy Gear)
5 Flips Organic prefolds
2 Econobums prefolds
1 Thirsties duo size 1
1 hemp/terry(?) insert
3 inserts that are two pieces sewn on 1 end, one piece is hemp and the other is stay dry on one side and MF on the other.

So if I add 12 more absorber-type things to my 16 diapers listed above that makes 28 diaper changes possible including the 11 covers.

I'm probably good, right? I'd love to be settled with my NB stash and able to move on to bigger sizes.
Old 08-10-2014, 12:57 PM   #26
Emmers22185
Registered Users
seller
seller

I have 2 dozen GMD orange prefolds, 1 dozen GMD yellow prefolds, 18 GMD orange edge wh. 8 sweet pea covers (shared with brother) and 2 more flip covers I need to sell. I have 12 thx newborn aio. And then all my other gmd prefolds and wh in bigger sizes.
Old 08-10-2014, 01:36 PM   #27
somamama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Emmers - What do you think of those THX AIOs? Did you use them on your other kid? I've been trolling eBay and see them there with tons of cute prints but couldn't find any more info searching this forum. Are they from China?
Old 08-10-2014, 02:13 PM   #28
Emmers22185
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by somamama View Post
Emmers - What do you think of those THX AIOs? Did you use them on your other kid? I've been trolling eBay and see them there with tons of cute prints but couldn't find any more info searching this forum. Are they from China?
I got them for this baby for overnights. I got them from a local mom for about $3 each. I have used them myself but a bunch of mamas in my last DDC liked them. Thy are China cheapies I believe that are similar to little joeys?
Old 08-10-2014, 02:25 PM   #29
somamama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Ebay is dangerous! I just won an auction for 10 Tots Bots Easy Fits for $100 including shipping. Some of the elastic might need to be replaced but it looks easy enough.

I wish there was some crystal ball that would tell me what size this little girl would be at birth!! If she's tiny then getting some NB AIOs is smart but if she's 8-9 lbs I won't need them.
Old 08-17-2014, 06:14 PM   #30
kdemuysere
Registered Users

I'm due Nov. 14th and just started looking. I decided to go with one size diapers so that I don't have to worry about a big/small baby. I'm going with the Flip and BumGenius 4.0.
kdemuysere is offline   Reply With Quote