Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-21-2015, 07:52 PM   #1
connorsmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
New Nov ddc mama ~ DS oldtimer ;)

Hey mamas! its been quite some time since ive been on the DS forums!
Little intro to myself:
Im Korin, 28 yo mama of 2 (ds is 8, dd is 4) Married to the love of my life since 2006, and im newly expecting our 3rd on november 10th!

I started on diaperswappers way back in 2006 when i was expecting my first born. I was a WAHM and had my own store connorsmama creations where i made interlock longies and shorties for sale. after that I decided to switch to knitting for sale and opened up Shizz Knitz on HC and etsy. Ive since stepped back from knitting customs but i am still knitting for my own personal use.
I havent been on ds since my second was a toddler. so Its nice to be back!
Ive cloth diapered all my babies and im super excited to do it again!

This pregnancy has been crazy so far. My dh and i werent trying for another, and used protection every.single.time and on feb 13th we got a new puppy.. well when we got our puppy, sleeping times were hard to come by so when she was sleeping and blocking the closet where the condoms were, dh and i had an opps... and here i am .. pregnant! lol
we got our first pos test on march second. When i was 6 weeks my midwife sent me in for ultrasound before my first appointment to check the dates, and the ultrasound tech, and my midwife concluded i was having a blighted ovum and told me to come back a week later to discuss a d&c. my husband and I were shattered, and didn't feel right about the diagnosis, so we requested further blood tests (which the rude receptionist told me that it wasnt up to me but to my dr... and i reamed her a new ahole) so the following week, blood tests revealed that my Hcg levels were doubling. so a week after that we went into do another ultrasound and found our little miracle! (then 8wks)
Im 11 weeks now and we just had our first OB appointment (I switched to my old ob that delivered my 2nd) and she found the HB with the doppler beating a strong 168-170
Im so happy we stuck with our gut, and got more testing. otherwise my midwife wouldve suggested a d&c.

Ive been reluctant to start a new Nov ddc because im still really great friends with my nov 2010 ddc mamas, we talk on the daily. but i felt it was a must to meet a new group of mamas!

So HELLO! cant wait to chat with you all!

Advertisement

Korin mommy to connor 1/11/07 and Addison 11/15/10 due with baby #3 11/10/15
wahm behind Shizz Knitz
connorsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 08:35 PM   #2
saraley
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: New Nov ddc mama ~ DS oldtimer ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by connorsmama View Post
Hey mamas! its been quite some time since ive been on the DS forums!
Little intro to myself:
Im Korin, 28 yo mama of 2 (ds is 8, dd is 4) Married to the love of my life since 2006, and im newly expecting our 3rd on november 10th!

I started on diaperswappers way back in 2006 when i was expecting my first born. I was a WAHM and had my own store connorsmama creations where i made interlock longies and shorties for sale. after that I decided to switch to knitting for sale and opened up Shizz Knitz on HC and etsy. Ive since stepped back from knitting customs but i am still knitting for my own personal use.
I havent been on ds since my second was a toddler. so Its nice to be back!
Ive cloth diapered all my babies and im super excited to do it again!

This pregnancy has been crazy so far. My dh and i werent trying for another, and used protection every.single.time and on feb 13th we got a new puppy.. well when we got our puppy, sleeping times were hard to come by so when she was sleeping and blocking the closet where the condoms were, dh and i had an opps... and here i am .. pregnant! lol
we got our first pos test on march second. When i was 6 weeks my midwife sent me in for ultrasound before my first appointment to check the dates, and the ultrasound tech, and my midwife concluded i was having a blighted ovum and told me to come back a week later to discuss a d&c. my husband and I were shattered, and didn't feel right about the diagnosis, so we requested further blood tests (which the rude receptionist told me that it wasnt up to me but to my dr... and i reamed her a new ahole) so the following week, blood tests revealed that my Hcg levels were doubling. so a week after that we went into do another ultrasound and found our little miracle! (then 8wks)
Im 11 weeks now and we just had our first OB appointment (I switched to my old ob that delivered my 2nd) and she found the HB with the doppler beating a strong 168-170
Im so happy we stuck with our gut, and got more testing. otherwise my midwife wouldve suggested a d&c.

Ive been reluctant to start a new Nov ddc because im still really great friends with my nov 2010 ddc mamas, we talk on the daily. but i felt it was a must to meet a new group of mamas!

So HELLO! cant wait to chat with you all!
Welcome mama
I am due November 14...this will be our 2nd. We had kinda a roller coaster at the begining of our pregnancy as well... My HCG was doing well, and then I got a lab test back that siad my HCG had fallen to 15. I had no symptoms of MC and I took an at home test that was blazing positive (not indicative of 15 HCG at all). I had to kinda forcefully tell our doctors office that I wanted another blood draw as well- I finally got It and my HCG was right where it should be, the previous test was a lab error. But even so the doctor would not consider me "pregnant", after that until an ultrasound that showed baby with a strong heartbeat.... We are not seeing that doctor anymore... I am 10 weeks 3 days now, and so far so good- we had an ultrasound last Friday and baby was measuring 11 weeks and had a good heart beat.
Old 04-22-2015, 09:33 AM   #3
connorsmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by saraley View Post
Welcome mama
I am due November 14...this will be our 2nd. We had kinda a roller coaster at the begining of our pregnancy as well... My HCG was doing well, and then I got a lab test back that siad my HCG had fallen to 15. I had no symptoms of MC and I took an at home test that was blazing positive (not indicative of 15 HCG at all). I had to kinda forcefully tell our doctors office that I wanted another blood draw as well- I finally got It and my HCG was right where it should be, the previous test was a lab error. But even so the doctor would not consider me "pregnant", after that until an ultrasound that showed baby with a strong heartbeat.... We are not seeing that doctor anymore... I am 10 weeks 3 days now, and so far so good- we had an ultrasound last Friday and baby was measuring 11 weeks and had a good heart beat.
Congrats to you! So crazy how quickly they are to dismiss pregnancies so early on nowadays!
wahm behind Shizz Knitz
Old 04-22-2015, 05:52 PM   #4
jaimezee
Registered Users

Wow! What a story Korin! So glad you stuck to your guns and trusted your intuition. Welcome to the ddc and congrats on your big wonderful surprise. This ddc has a Facebook group and most of the action is happening over there in fb land. If you would like to join us over there pm me your email address and I will send you an invite. It is a secret group and no one can see it except those in the group.
jaimezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 07:27 AM   #5
connorsmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaimezee View Post
Wow! What a story Korin! So glad you stuck to your guns and trusted your intuition. Welcome to the ddc and congrats on your big wonderful surprise. This ddc has a Facebook group and most of the action is happening over there in fb land. If you would like to join us over there pm me your email address and I will send you an invite. It is a secret group and no one can see it except those in the group.
Would love to join
Kmbourdo@hotmail.com
Korin Bourdo on fb
wahm behind Shizz Knitz