Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-22-2017, 08:31 AM   #21
mamaberkhie
Registered Users
Formerly: 3L*****B*****s
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusyPAMommy
I accomplished one of my minimal goals! The "kid dish shelf" Before: After: It is now much simpler for the kids to set the table and they are learning to load their dishes into the dishwasher, which they didn't have the opportunity to do previously because we don't put plastic in the dishwasher. The small silverware was a find because they both struggle with managing full size table knives. Rather than getting a kids' flatware set I got a package each of dessert knives and forks from Ikea, perfect size at a fraction of the price. (Side note, what was supposed to be 10 each of the tempered glass plates and bowls from Ikea turned out to be 9 bowls and 8 plates when I opened the package. That was the first and last time I mail order from Ikea, it was the shoddiest dish packing job I've ever seen and I'm surprised more of them weren't smashed). We are using jelly jars as glasses, they are super sturdy and I already had a bunch on hand.
I love the jelly jar glasses! We use mason jars as drinking glasses and I had some friends as a teen who used their salsa jars for drinking glasses. I love repurposing items around the house. Besides, it's nbd if they break

Advertisement

Old 05-28-2017, 01:04 PM   #22
AngelikaUnicorn
Registered Users

Re: What are your top 2 or 3 minimizing projects?

Basement, garage.
I also have bins of craft supplies and other hobbies long forgotten. Hard to part with because it's like saying goodbye to a part of yourself or closing the door on dreams/possibilities. Dramatic? Maybe. Anyone else feel this way?
AngelikaUnicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 10:11 AM   #23
SharedTheJourney
Registered Users

My Mood:

Today I am purging and reorganizing. Feels good to be clear of all that extra stuff just taking up space in the basement. : )
SharedTheJourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 06:33 PM   #24
Mothersoup
Registered Users

I have baby #2 due in the beginning of May so I need to work on sorting and purging down #1's clothes. But I the nesting bug in me is focused on the kitchen and bathroom.
Mothersoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 07:19 PM   #25
abh5e8
Registered Users

Ooo... I need to work on this.

1. Recipes - I would like to have them all on the computer, in organized files
2. Music - same, need to be on my computer and organized.
3. Kids art - take photos of it to be included in their photo books, choose a few pieces to frame and send the rest to grandparents and great aunt's/uncle's.
4. "Storage room," in my basement, which is the catch all for the last of the odds and ends from moving and unpacking. The kids are motivated to help me, because I promised to make it a craft room when it's cleaned out.

I'm really enjoying the FrugalWoods blog. She focuses on extreme frugal living but is also pretty minimalistic (and organized!).

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Old 07-07-2018, 07:34 PM   #26
Jenette
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfbikemom View Post
1. Office space/family command center
2. Pantry
3. Laundry Room <---- just crossed this of the list!

There is a great new documentary on Netflix called Minimalism that's inspiring too, just watched it.
I am going to watch it on Netflix now 😊

My clutter list
1) office/craft room
2) garage
3) kitchen
4) garage 😆
5) master bathroom
6) my closet
7) my nightstand
Old 07-08-2018, 04:54 PM   #27
abh5e8
Registered Users

I've been spinning my wheels lately. The house is a constant mess. We seem to have way more then we can keep up with. But I'm not even sure where to start. I guess a list is as good a place as any. 🤣

1. My clothes
2. Kids clothes
3. My papers (mostly school stuff)
4. Garage
Old 07-08-2018, 10:29 PM   #28
mykidsaremyheart
Registered Users
seller

I should probably work on this too. Weve been working on the house, so all of my purging came to an abrupt halt. DD has been working on potty training, so I probably should work on listing diapers lol

1. Diapers
2. Homeschool stuff. Im a hoarder in that area, thinking what if we use it? I need to simplify & organize.
3. Household junk in general

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-11-2018, 08:24 AM   #29
Tshebby
Registered Users
seller

We recently had some big flooding in our area so we are purging the basement, obviously. Secondarily, I am working on homeschool materials since they should sell well right now. Lastly, I am working on my clothes. I am 21 weeks preggo and nothing fits so perfect time to say goodbye 😂.
Tshebby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 12:31 PM   #30
mykidsaremyheart
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tshebby View Post
We recently had some big flooding in our area so we are purging the basement, obviously. Secondarily, I am working on homeschool materials since they should sell well right now. Lastly, I am working on my clothes. I am 21 weeks preggo and nothing fits so perfect time to say goodbye .

Oh no! Im sorry about the flooding, I hope it didnt cause too much damage.

A couple of kids had appointments in the town 3 1/2 hours away. Dropped of the last of the huge purging donations. I feel like a huge rock is lifted off of my shoulders, and I can breathe a little easier.

I had planned on cleaning the yard junk and a dump run today, then listing diapers tomorrow. DHs car broke down yesterday, so he had to take the family rig to work. I just got a call that it should be an easy fix. Needless to say, the dump run is canceled & I wont list anything until I have a vehicle to run packages to the post office. Maybe Ill work on organizing the last of our homeschool stuff today.

Good luck ladies! I hope youre making progress!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk