Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-04-2014, 10:10 AM   #131
Fashionably Green Baby
Registered Users
Formerly: artistmom
seller

My Mood:
Strawberries are pretty hardy but if they are blossoming you need to cover them (I'm not an expert but we did strawberries last year which was our first year gardening) mine did not make it through the winter I don't think. We got to -40 F and our "normal" lows for our zone are -5 to -10 F so it was well below normal. I don't have anything green and I think they should be popping up by now. I am probably going to have to replant all of them this year

Advertisement

Old 04-07-2014, 07:24 PM   #132
Bethany89
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
seeds are ordered... My friend is a farmer and she is doing my tomato and pepper seedlings since I nearly always kill them haha plus it earns her some extra cash.
Strawberries and potatoes are going in the next day that it stops raining o.O so between today and Thursday!
Then we will be planting lettuce carrots spinach and a few others ASAP! Spring gardening for the first time usually we don't plant tll may but I want to give spring gardening a chance
Old 04-17-2014, 03:16 PM   #133
a_marines_wife03
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Gardening year ~ 2014 Chat thread

Ok how much water a day does my garden need. They are raised beds one bet will have cucumbers and squash. The other will have green beans tomatoes lettuce. Carrots onions. Kale. Herbs will go into pots. We will be using a drip system on a timer. I am afraid I am going to over or under water. They are saying we are in for a hot dry summer so I need to conserve water but I want our gardens to thrive. We have a well but will be using rain barrels to help ease the strain on the well but if we have a dry year there won't be much rain water. So how much water a day do I need to give them

follow my blog: http://mommaof3-littlebits.blogspot.com/
If you have a product youd like me to blog about send me a message.
a_marines_wife03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 10:38 AM   #134
seasun10
Registered Users

My Mood:

Hi everyone! Would love to be added to the FB gardening/chicken mama group. 3lilbubs I'm sending you a pm. Thanks!
Wife to my great guy, mama to,, , ,, and #5 due sometime in January 2015!
seasun10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 05:51 PM   #135
Mommy2JandS
Registered Users
seller
seller

This is my first year trying to grow anything besides flowers I bought 2 heirloom tomato plants at our local green house. I hope they do well, my kids are already excited about being able to make tomato soup like their Mermie (my mom) does.
Old 05-06-2014, 08:50 PM   #136
rochel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The weather has gotten better around my neck of the woods. So finally I have been able to work on the garden. It feels great to be outside! Yesterday, we got 4yrds of dirt delivered to put in our 3 new beds. It was a lot of work and I'm so sore! Its all worth it. I'm excited to finally be able to plant.
rochel is offline   Reply With Quote