Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-01-2014, 05:23 PM   #1
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Smile March Chicken Moma Chat Thread!! Hop on in!

Welcome warmth, sunshine, greenery, and chicks!!!

Advertisement

Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89

Last edited by sarahannecloud9; 03-06-2014 at 07:54 PM.
sarahannecloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 05:24 PM   #2
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: March Chicken Moma Chat Thread!! Hop on it!!

My last post at the end of the old thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3lilbubs View Post
So you're getting a 35ct leannes special? You are crazy. That's so cute about Cayden, we do get that commercial here too.
It's tradition now, lol. Normally only 25, just couldn't beat the price. We love it. It's a fun guessing game!!!

I have gotten lost with the names.. lol.. Jasmine is the white silkie Juliet's? daughter? Pics pls!
Jasmine is a last yr Leann's special chick. She's a wht Sultan. Looks IDENTICAL to that pic. I searched bing to find one that looked like her. Juliet is the wht Silky. They were just co Momas for a while. I have her in a diff pen today though. I'll try to get pics soon.

She started having some trouble walking with those feet to I wacked them off this am. She's so happy she actually came outside to scratch around.

AFM, it is pouring rain and roaring wind outside. 25mph the rain is coming down so hard it's just in sheets. I asked J yesterday to tie down the shed somehow and he didn't do it. First big gust lifted it up and tore the doors off and threw it splayed to the side. ARGGGHH . I tried putting it back but there's mud in the track now and the wind just keeps blowing it askew. I guess it's just staying for now. My chickens are drenched. I keep checking on my minis- mrs. T looked like a little drowned rat earlier. We all got a good laugh at her expense.
Oh crud!!!!!
I hope it will be fixable. Did the hinges break the plastic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseyroberts View Post
Yay for lockdown!
The air cells on my Wyandotte are pretty messed up but all but one has veining. 7 out of 12 silkie eggs were duds. As were 8 EE eggs . A friend gave me 6 silkie eggs to add. Yesterday eve I went in to check the incubator and it had spiked to 110. I guess I will see in a few days if they survived it.

What the heck is up with that durn thing spiking!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrsenadenos View Post
OMG how do you keep her so white? My white birds are looking so dingy with this weather.

All three of the eggs on the left look the same color on my screen.
That's not her like Liz said, she just looks just like that Sultan. I wacked the feet feathers off and trimmed her bum too. She's a filthy mess. It has to be poo because the pen and run and straw/shavings, and it's spotless. ???? Durty little thing!

All my wht's are filthy too.
Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
Old 03-01-2014, 05:45 PM   #3
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

Good grief, when did march get here!? I have been so busy trying to fix the coops and get the garden started and all that junk that I haven't been around much. Sarah I give up, I have no idea what birds you have anymore. It sure sounds like a lot of fun though! I might do that one of these years when I need to replace a lot of the flock.

Eggs are in lockdown, things are holding well now. I saw one rocking earlier. The due date is monday, but I'm betting on a Sunday hatch because the temp stayed more or less 100 the whole incubation and half are bantams. I'm dying to see what little surprises are in the tophat eggs!
3lilbubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 05:49 PM   #4
nrsenadenos
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I wish it was warm here!

Nothing interesting going on at the chicken side here. Baby ducks won't be available for another month and it's another 2.5 for my fluffy mail to get here.
And someone NEW coming in October! Plus 2 angels, 8 chickies, 2 ducklings, and a wolfdog.
nrsenadenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 07:46 PM   #5
roseyroberts
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
It was 80 degrees here today!!! Felt like summer! The chicks had a great time playing outside today! Too bad it's going to be in The twenties by tomorrow night!
Old 03-01-2014, 09:54 PM   #6
Art mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I just found frizzled olive egger chicks on craigslist! They were listed a week ago...but I'm calling tomorrow to see if they still have them :-)
Art mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 10:04 PM   #7
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

wow, hope you get some!! Those are going to be cute babies!
3lilbubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 07:54 AM   #8
roseyroberts
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Wow. I got calls for 6 dz egg orders for this morning. At this rate I totally have the green light to raise more layers.. Guilt free! Lol! One family we barter a trade of fresh roasted organic coffee beans. One wants to pay now and trade for fresh produce in the summer. One I'm trading eggs for 10 hole nesting boxes. And a couple are happily offering up cash. Even though I was offering to give them eggs because my fridge was being taken over. But it's nice it will really compensate for the cost of feed.
Old 03-02-2014, 08:04 AM   #9
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Good grief, when did march get here!? I have been so busy trying to fix the coops and get the garden started and all that junk that I haven't been around much. Sarah I give up, I have no idea what birds you have anymore. It sure sounds like a lot of fun though! I might do that one of these years when I need to replace a lot of the flock. I know right! Ray can't even keep up!!

Eggs are in lockdown, things are holding well now. I saw one rocking earlier. The due date is monday, but I'm betting on a Sunday hatch because the temp stayed more or less 100 the whole incubation and half are bantams. I'm dying to see what little surprises are in the tophat eggs!
Woop! Mine go into lockdown wed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseyroberts View Post
It was 80 degrees here today!!! Felt like summer! The chicks had a great time playing outside today! Too bad it's going to be in The twenties by tomorrow night!
Same here, Pretty day, but tonight is severe ice rain. I'm worried about the power. Gah!!!!! Then 13 deg tom tight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrsenadenos View Post
I wish it was warm here!

Nothing interesting going on at the chicken side here. Baby ducks won't be available for another month and it's another 2.5 for my fluffy mail to get here.
AHHH! Dang TSC got them in here. The ducks is what have my heart They had some that looked like choc indian runners! $5 and a min of 2. Eakkkk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art mama View Post
I just found frizzled olive egger chicks on craigslist! They were listed a week ago...but I'm calling tomorrow to see if they still have them :-)
OOOOO. PICS if you get some!!!!!!!!!

Gonna run and try to do the coops before the rain hits.
Old 03-02-2014, 09:12 AM   #10
Art mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
wow, hope you get some!! Those are going to be cute babies!
Me too! I just left a message. Hope they call back. They have six of them. They are $10 each or 4/$30. Of course I'm thinking four
Art mama is offline   Reply With Quote