Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-13-2019, 10:11 AM   #11
Elchorrito
Registered Users
seller

Re: Kitchen layout!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallanvor View Post
E, it just flows better to me to have the dishwasher on the right. Maybe because left to right is a natural order to me. Our house in Vegas had the dishwasher on the left and I hated it.

The triangle rule is that the sink, stove, and fridge form a triangle. Most kitchens have this layout.
Ah. So...in your double sink do you wash on the right and rinse or drain on the left? Because then that would make sense to me my mom always washed on the left and drained on the right, and recently she switched, and now when I go to her house I'm like, how on earth does this work?

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

Advertisement

Elchorrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 12:01 PM   #12
Rockinmama24
Registered Users
seller

We are redesigning our kitchen now after a failed house hunting attempt. I am thinking a 36-48in range, a triple sink and separate fridge and freezer. We are removing the peninsula and replacing it with a movable island. 1st things first though and the contractor is coming out to install a mini split heat & air system next week. Once that is taken care of we can move on with the rest. I’m actually considering putting in sheet vinyl flooring for ease of cleaning. I have granite now and will put in granite again. Mine is now about 11 years old and has been 100% maintenance free so far. I like being able to put my hot pans right on it.

Last edited by Rockinmama24; 03-13-2019 at 01:57 PM.
Rockinmama24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 12:06 PM   #13
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elchorrito View Post
Ah. So...in your double sink do you wash on the right and rinse or drain on the left? Because then that would make sense to me my mom always washed on the left and drained on the right, and recently she switched, and now when I go to her house I'm like, how on earth does this work?

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk
Yep.
tallanvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 05:10 PM   #14
MamaChirpy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinmama24 View Post
We are redesigning our kitchen now after a failed house hunting attempt. I am thinking a 36-48in range, a triple sink and separate fridge and freezer. We are removing the peninsula and replacing it with a movable island. 1st things first though and the contractor is coming out to install a mini split heat & air system next week. Once that is taken care of we can move on with the rest. Iím actually considering putting in sheet vinyl flooring for ease of cleaning. I have granite now and will put in granite again. Mine is now about 11 years old and has been 100% maintenance free so far. I like being able to put my hot pans right on it.

That is what I am intrigued by. I wasn't sure if you could really set a hot pan on a granite countertop.
MamaChirpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 05:12 PM   #15
MamaChirpy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinmama24 View Post
We are redesigning our kitchen now after a failed house hunting attempt. I am thinking a 36-48in range, a triple sink and separate fridge and freezer. We are removing the peninsula and replacing it with a movable island. 1st things first though and the contractor is coming out to install a mini split heat & air system next week. Once that is taken care of we can move on with the rest. Iím actually considering putting in sheet vinyl flooring for ease of cleaning. I have granite now and will put in granite again. Mine is now about 11 years old and has been 100% maintenance free so far. I like being able to put my hot pans right on it.

That is what I am intrigued by. I wasn't sure if you could really set a hot pan on a granite countertop.

I had sheet vinyl flooring in the main portion of my house. It looked like wood. It was great for cleaning. I have vinyl plank now and don't like it. We are going with pine flooring as soon as we can change it again.
Old 03-13-2019, 05:15 PM   #16
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

I was told you couldn't put a hot dish straight onto granite, but that you could on quartz.
tallanvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 05:35 PM   #17
Rockinmama24
Registered Users
seller

I have been putting hot items on my counter since day 1. That is the major perk of granite. I take things right off of the stovetop or out of the oven and place it right on the counter. It looks as the day it was installed.
The sheet vinyl that I’m looking at is the wood look. I’m glad to hear that it was easy to clean. I have wood laminate now and hate it.
Rockinmama24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 12:44 PM   #18
Agla
Super Admin We can do it!
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I like certain aspects of my kitchen and others I did not.

When they redid it they put the fridge, bit of counter and cabinet and then the stove. It seems dark to me and I don't like it.

I have granite all over now. I used to have granite only on my island. I like having the granite everywhere. I love the look of soapstone but I feel that it can get stained which is fine if you can live with it.

What is your configuration now?

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk
Old 03-16-2019, 12:52 PM   #19
Agla
Super Admin We can do it!
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Also my dishwasher is to the left of my sink but it makes sense because the bigger sink is on the left.

Old 03-16-2019, 08:58 PM   #20
MamaChirpy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agla View Post
Also my dishwasher is to the left of my sink but it makes sense because the bigger sink is on the left.

I will have to take a picture later.