Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-10-2013, 07:28 AM   #1
manniewcu
Registered Users
seller

Cover Help

My DS is a skinny guy (2yo. and 23lbs) and I have trouble getting covers that fit on him. I currently have some Thirsties Mediums that work great over prefolds or folded flats, but they are too loose and hang if I padfold. I also have to overlap the applix in the front since he's so skinny. I have some econobums and they work ok with pad folding, but the snaps are just slightly off for him. If I go tighter it's too tight, and if I don't it's too loose! I recently got some RaR covers, but they seem to be a little too tight around the legs, but otherwise an ok fit. My current favorite is an old Happy Heinys cover that I got when I first decided to try prefolds/covers. I can use prefolds with snappis, flats, and anything padfolded with this one. But, I can't find any more of these! Is there another brand out there that fits similar to the HH cover? I prefer that it has leg gussets as well. I think we are getting closer to potty training, so I don't want to spend a great deal, but I would like to have a better fitting option! Thanks!

Advertisement

manniewcu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 07:30 AM   #2
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

Re: Cover Help

Any interest in aplix? maybe get some thirsties med in aplix, solves that problem. If you are PL soon then you don't have to worry as much about wearing out. My other idea would thirsties or capri with the 2 step rise so you could snap up the rise depending on what you put in it.

I have seen no diapers like HH, though I have only used their pockets.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010 (Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months; Nightime PL at 5.5 years) & LO#2 born 12/1/2013 (First diaper was cloth! Part-time EC since 12 months & Daytime PL at 26 months) Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on how long a cloth diaper REALLY lasts. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here & here. How to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool. Everything must go! Nighttime Trainers
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 07:35 AM   #3
manniewcu
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixi6s View Post
Any interest in aplix? maybe get some thirsties med in aplix, solves that problem. If you are PL soon then you don't have to worry as much about wearing out. My other idea would thirsties or capri with the 2 step rise so you could snap up the rise depending on what you put in it.

I have seen no diapers like HH, though I have only used their pockets.
All my covers, except for the econobum are aplix. The Thirsties with the rise snaps may work. I forget about those since I have the others! Thanks!
Old 07-10-2013, 08:03 AM   #4
MomBecks
Registered Users

Grovia, Blueberry Coveralls, or Capris may work well for you.
Old 07-10-2013, 08:06 AM   #5
manniewcu
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomBecks View Post
Grovia, Blueberry Coveralls, or Capris may work well for you.
Thanks! So with the Grovia can I use other things inside it since it's made for the snap-in inserts? (sorry, never seen this kind in person!)
Old 07-10-2013, 08:26 AM   #6
MomBecks
Registered Users

Ya they're fantastic for trifolding! I'm not a huge fan of the snap-in inserts but love the covers for trifolding or padfolding flats.
Old 07-10-2013, 09:25 AM   #7
mamacita1222
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by manniewcu
My DS is a skinny guy (2yo. and 23lbs) and I have trouble getting covers that fit on him. I currently have some Thirsties Mediums that work great over prefolds or folded flats, but they are too loose and hang if I padfold. I also have to overlap the applix in the front since he's so skinny. I have some econobums and they work ok with pad folding, but the snaps are just slightly off for him. If I go tighter it's too tight, and if I don't it's too loose! I recently got some RaR covers, but they seem to be a little too tight around the legs, but otherwise an ok fit. My current favorite is an old Happy Heinys cover that I got when I first decided to try prefolds/covers. I can use prefolds with snappis, flats, and anything padfolded with this one. But, I can't find any more of these! Is there another brand out there that fits similar to the HH cover? I prefer that it has leg gussets as well. I think we are getting closer to potty training, so I don't want to spend a great deal, but I would like to have a better fitting option! Thanks!
Check out you tube for tips on getting the rumparooz to fit more snug. My DS is a chunky monkey, and I thought he was out growing the rumparooz one size covers until I watched a video today and heard the creator explain how they should fit conpared to other covers. Now I can get a trifolded prefold to look so slim on DS.

And don't use blueberry covers! My blueberry covers are roomy on my 26 pound 29 inch 11 month old. I don't think they would work on a long and lean kiddo.
mamacita1222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 09:55 AM   #8
d_arnold
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

DD just turned 2 and is about 23 lbs! We like Grovia, Sweet Pea, and Diaper Safari covers.
Wife of 6 years to DH, Momma to DD (3), and expecting Baby Girl #2 in May 2015
d_arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 10:20 AM   #9
BummisMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My skinny gal does really well in the Bummis superbrites. The extra leg gussets work wonders and the aplix is really good on them. Allows for a tighter fit every time
BummisMom is offline   Reply With Quote