Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-12-2012, 06:17 PM   #11
katymf
Registered Users
seller

Re: Anyone still keeping the pregnancy a secret?

Quote:
Originally Posted by quinnNjesse View Post
I'm sure there is a reason??
well yes. financially my dad helps us out here and there and he thinks we are dirt poor-which we arn't. i just am not working right now and my OH is at a temp job and he doesnt make as much as he had been making at his job before this. i know if we tell him he will give us a huge lecture on money, and how are we gonna afford this and that. but in the end there is nothing he can do about it and he will come around. we will tell him this week

Advertisement

Old 08-12-2012, 08:25 PM   #12
Ainmemphis
Registered Users
seller
seller

When we found out we told our parents, then soon after close friends. I haven't been keeping it a secret but I haven't really been announcing it to anyone. So everything close to me knows but not everyone that I know is aware. I am not trying to hide it just don't really know how to say "hey I'm pregnant" in a normal everyday conversation with a casual acquaintance. I'm not working during this pregnancy so I didn't have to worry about co workers, with DS it was kind of awkward because I had so many dr appointments my boss actually thought I was quitting so I had to tell him earlier than I had planned and when I told him I had not told anyone else in the lab I guess I didn't stress it enough because by the next day he was lecturing me on antihistamines having no affects on my baby (he was a dr and I was having severe allergies) right in front of all my co workers. so then everyone knew!
Old 08-12-2012, 09:14 PM   #13
quinnNjesse
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by katymf View Post
well yes. financially my dad helps us out here and there and he thinks we are dirt poor-which we arn't. i just am not working right now and my OH is at a temp job and he doesnt make as much as he had been making at his job before this. i know if we tell him he will give us a huge lecture on money, and how are we gonna afford this and that. but in the end there is nothing he can do about it and he will come around. we will tell him this week
Awh that makes sense... Hope he is kind...
quinnNjesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 09:16 PM   #14
quinnNjesse
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ainmemphis View Post
When we found out we told our parents, then soon after close friends. I haven't been keeping it a secret but I haven't really been announcing it to anyone. So everything close to me knows but not everyone that I know is aware. I am not trying to hide it just don't really know how to say "hey I'm pregnant" in a normal everyday conversation with a casual acquaintance. I'm not working during this pregnancy so I didn't have to worry about co workers, with DS it was kind of awkward because I had so many dr appointments my boss actually thought I was quitting so I had to tell him earlier than I had planned and when I told him I had not told anyone else in the lab I guess I didn't stress it enough because by the next day he was lecturing me on antihistamines having no affects on my baby (he was a dr and I was having severe allergies) right in front of all my co workers. so then everyone knew!
I know what u mean about not knowing how to casually say you are pg!

And OMG to your exboss!
quinnNjesse is offline   Reply With Quote